cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 1-800-419-7266 connected with Rogers?

granum
I've been around

I answered once and I recall the person saying he was from Rogers. I was busy at the time and told him to just call back another time.  Now I've been getting calls almost daily from this number. Is this number really from Rogers?

**Added Labels**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is 1-800-419-7266 connected with Rogers?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Any telephone number can be "spoofed" by any telemarketer, so simply looking at call display tells you nothing.  When I input this number into a web search I see a lot of complaints about telemarketers.  Feel free to answer, or not, depending on if you need anything from Rogers but being very wary.

The fact that you're getting lots of calls, leads me to believe it's a telemarketer who now knows that your phone number is "active" with someone who will answer.  I never answer calls from numbers that are not in my caller list.  Rogers will usually leave a voice mail...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Is 1-800-419-7266 connected with Rogers?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Any telephone number can be "spoofed" by any telemarketer, so simply looking at call display tells you nothing.  When I input this number into a web search I see a lot of complaints about telemarketers.  Feel free to answer, or not, depending on if you need anything from Rogers but being very wary.

The fact that you're getting lots of calls, leads me to believe it's a telemarketer who now knows that your phone number is "active" with someone who will answer.  I never answer calls from numbers that are not in my caller list.  Rogers will usually leave a voice mail...

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation