cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FidoRogers Calls

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In the last few weeks I've received at least half a dozen calls from CallerID "FidoRogers"  Phone number 1-833-xxx-8254.  I have not bothered answering, since I'm not interested in Fido. 

I know that any name and number can be spoofed, but I was just wondering if @CommunityHelps knows if this is  probably legit or probably scam. 

I put the number into a search engine and it came up pretty empty, indicating that a lot of people have not reported it as spam/scam.

Since they don't leave a Voicemail, if it calls again, I'll probably just add it to my call block as I do for "repeat offenders."

**Labels Added**

18 REPLIES 18

Re: FidoRogers Calls

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was getting calls from FidoRogers as well.  I reported them to @CommunityHelps by Private Message and was told that this was NOT a Rogers-owned number.

Weeena
I've been around
I've also received calls from this number 7 times since January 22, and 2 of those times they were automatically blocked by my phone.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Called again today. Added them to my call block list on my Panasonic cordless home phone.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Lots of scam calls these days, so take things with a grain of rice and be extra cautious

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Called again today and the call was blocked. I wonder how many times they'll try.  I believe it's now close to 10 times in about 3 weeks.

Jaktac
I've been around

I've been receiving calls from 1-833-447-4853 caller id FIDOROGERS. No message left on vm. Can someone confirm whether or not this is a legit Rogers number?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jaktac : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread where we surmised that it's a scam.  The number may be different, but they can spoof any number they want.

I left Rogers last week after contacting loyalty department to see if they could match deal I was able to get with another provider. They could not come close so I left Rogers. A few days after both my phones were getting calls from Fidorogers 8334479898. They said they seen we left so wanted to get our business back I said no not interested. They kept calling my husbands phone and finally I talked to a guy that sounded real legit. Said he seen I had been with Roger’s for 28 years offered me a great deal on plans and upgrading my phone. Luckily I said I would have to talk to my husband and if he could call me the next day. I called the number and left message for them to call me back. Then googled the number and seen it could be a scam. They are believable so beware folks I just about got sucked in. Wondering how they knew I left though. 

Debbie01
I've been here awhile

Have been getting calls twice daily from FIDOROGERS, 833-447-4853 on my cell.   No voicemails are ever left, and when I call back, does not ring and obviously no answer.  If you wait to see if it does ring, it eventually advises user is busy, and to go to a stronger WiFi as some countries don't have a strong signal - or something along those lines.  Are they going to get an earful if they call back again.

JL52
I've been around

How about 1-833-447-4853 number claiming to be FidoRogers? 
I’ve been getting quite a few calls from that number. When I try to google it I am unable to find any Rogers reference.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JL52 : Your post may have been moved to this existing thread. As discussed in this thread, any phone number and name can be spoofed, so it's very likely it's a scam. The number you mention was discussed recently in this thread and likely to be a scam.

AR199
I've been around
I also receive 2 call today from Fidorogers 1-833-447-9898 . I answered both times and the caller hung up directly each time. I blocked the number. It seems like a scam.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The scammers can't even decide which company they want to pretend to be from so they use both names as the outgoing caller ID name?  Yes most people know Fido Solutions and Rogers wireless are sister companies, but I have never seen both names together any time they called me.

Debbie01
I've been here awhile

Well I hope I have solved the issue with me not receiving any more of these calls.  In my most best impression of a voice recording, I answered my phone by saying: 

"Hello.  You have reached the FidoRogers Fraud Detection department. By placing this call, we have been able to trace your location.  Thank you for participating, the authorities are on their way to your location.  To cancel this action, please press 1.  To speak to a FidoRogers representative, please press 2."  If they do nothing, I then say: "I'm sorry, I didn't hear that", then I get that distinctive dial tone that they've hung up.  Worked like a charm - the calls immediately stopped.

This leads me to think that Rogers/Fido has been hacked, and they're quiet about the entire situation.

Amhassan1990
I've been around
So i have been getting these calls for the last 3 weeks. And I just spoke to Rogers and they have removed me from any marketing promotions by phone calls.. and I’m only going to receive any available promotions via email. They did not find that number +1 (833) 447-4853 in their database so it’s probably a fraud and I’m going to also go on Rogers.com/concerns and also write something to them. Because they should be sending a mass email to all their customers warning them of this ! I almost believed them !!! Very concerning

@Amhassan1990 wrote:
1. They did not find that number +1 (833) 447-4853 in their database so it’s probably a fraud and I’m going to also go on Rogers.com/concerns and also write something to them.

2. Because they should be sending a mass email to all their customers warning them of this ! 

1. If you read earlier posts in this thread, or search the web, you'll see that this is a fraud, without question.

2. If you look through the various threads in this scam section of the forum, you'll find hundreds of threads with various frauds. People would not appreciate receiving that many "warning" e-mails from Rogers.

3. Please see the following knowledge base post on the topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud/How-to-Avoid-Caller-ID-Spoofing-and-Spam-C...

@AnnoyedBunny0 wrote:

This leads me to think that Rogers/Fido has been hacked, and they're quiet about the entire situation.

Hacked? whats to stop me from picking up the phone and calling NUMBERS AT RANDOM, Trying to find a sucker to steal their information and then impersonate them and order a phone?  absolutely nothing

I would first of all never do that but If I wanted to, there is nothing stopping me, rogers cant stop me, fido cant stop me,   can you explain how someone with malicious intent to call random people and try to defraud people can be easily stopped? they cant, thats why this is a huge problem not just for rogers but for any company, if we had the power to stop them we would, but we dont. we only have the power to educate consumers to identify possible fraudulent scams and be smart about it.  that is what companies ARE doing.

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 11 in conversation