cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FED UP with incoming scam calls to my Rogers Home Phone lines

Davage
I'm here a lot

Lately the incoming scam calls have been relentless.   95%+ of the calls coming into our household via our Rogers Home Phone service are scammers.    I thought that Rogers had to implement some sort of system  (Stir/Shaken) before the end of last year.    Is there nothing being done by Rogers to stop those scammers?  The do-not-call registry obviously does nothing.

The scammers have even taken to spoofing local numbers, with local names on the display to get through to my phone line.

I'm fed up with it.      I have a Telus cell phone  (provided by work), and in the past year I have only had 1 single scam/spam call to it.     I've switched our family cell phones over to Telus and they are not receiving this type of scam/spam.        

Rogers - Are you not able to do anything to stop this nonsense?   

**Labels Added**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: FED UP with incoming scam calls to my Rogers Home Phone lines

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers appear unwilling to use the algorithms or other methods used by other providers to preclude most scam callers. It's certainly possible to implement them.  Here's the thread on STIR/SHAKEN. Unfortunately it has not had the desired effect and seems to be more related to cell phones than home phones.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/CRTC-steps-up-efforts-to-comba...

Other providers have implemented "press a number" to be connected as an option, or algorithms that send suspected calls to voicemail... (as an option implemented by the user)

Here's the Rogers link on STIR/SHAKEN

https://www.rogers.com/support/mobility/stir-shaken-caller-id-identification

Re: FED UP with incoming scam calls to my Rogers Home Phone lines

pilotus
I've been here awhile
Same here. 95 PC scam. Just pulled plug out of wall. Every few minutes.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation