cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from 1-844-403-1800

LBYYC
I've been around

I have received a number of calls from different people at the same number in the past week. At first they were saying it is so-and-so from AT&T on behalf of Rogers and asked if they were speaking to [my full legal name], telling me about promotions for Rogers Wireless and asking to confirm my account details. Of course I am not going to do this over the phone and asked for an email with the details which they said they could not do. They continued using my name and telling me about different Rogers deals they could offer me. This would have been very convincing as the call display says ROGERS, had they not said from another company on behalf of Rogers it would be easy to fall for. I asked them if they could not provide me an email with the offer I would go into a store to discuss it with someone and they hung up. They have called back twice and even though I have blocked the number it still comes through. They are not like many other scammers and will actually try to convince you that they are not scamming with very real sounding offers, they also have your full name, and say they cannot remove you from their call list unless you confirm your details. 

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Call from 1-844-403-1800

RogersJermaine

Hi @LBYYC,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post!

I understand how frustrating it can be to continually receive such calls and we do thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are glad that you took the steps to protect yourself by not providing any personal information.

Please feel free to check out our article on additional steps you can take to try and limit getting such calls. How to Avoid Caller ID Spoofing and Spam Calls
As well as this article on our website. How to Spot a Telemarketing Scam

Thank you
RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersJermaine

Hi @LBYYC,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post!

I understand how frustrating it can be to continually receive such calls and we do thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are glad that you took the steps to protect yourself by not providing any personal information.

Please feel free to check out our article on additional steps you can take to try and limit getting such calls. How to Avoid Caller ID Spoofing and Spam Calls
As well as this article on our website. How to Spot a Telemarketing Scam

Thank you
RogersJermaine

Mildredsheppard
I've been around
I am getting those calls too, but I don’t answer . If it was really rogers that would leave a voicemail.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation