cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call claiming new internet deal

mcolwell
I plan to stick around

Just got a call that claimed to be Rogers saying he could upgrade our internet to 1.5G for $59 and they would cancel my current plan on the day of installation. 

Seemed sketchy as they didn't even know my address or anything about my current account.

**Labels Added**

1 REPLY 1

Re: Call claiming new internet deal

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @mcolwell!

That call definitely sounds sketchy. When we call you, we already have all of your account information in front of us as you're already our customer. We do not need to gather any additional information from you. The only thing we will confirm is that we're speaking with the account holder.

If any caller claiming to be Rogers asks you for anything other than your name and seems to have no current knowledge of your current plan or package, then you can safely assume that they are a scammer.

The safest way to be sure is to ask them to document your account with the offer and tell them you'll call in directly to our main customer service line to accept the offer. Do not call any number they provide to you. You can find all the ways to contact us here: www.rogers.com/contact 

If it's a legitimate call from us, then the offer will be documented on your account.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation