cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Charges

carl22
I've been here awhile

Hi. I will be traveling to the US with my prepaid phone. How much will the roaming charges be for the following:

- Calls while I'm in the US

- text message sent and received while I'm in the US

- Picture/video message sent and received while I'm in the US

- How about data? Is there an extra cost or will it be the same? If extra cost, how much is per use data while roaming?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Roaming Charges

Hey @carl22

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

You're definitely doing the right thing by verifying the rates before leaving.

Picture and video messages can be sent and received while roaming, where the service is available

@57 - As usual, thank you for your contribution.

I don't think the information you were looking for appears on the Pay-As-You-Go page.

The actual rate for sending an MMS while roaming is:

Roaming rate for kBs sent

+

Rate for MMS per recipient.

This means that if you send the same picture to two of your contacts, you'll be charged $0.50 per MMS sent to a Canadian number, or $0.75 per MMS to a U.S. or international number, plus the cost of data transmissions.

Make sure to Top-Up before you leave and purchase a Roaming Data Pass.

Rest assured, you can still call the Prepaid line at 1-800-575-9090, from the United States!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Please click the Roaming tab of the following link and then select United States. Calls are $2/min and texts are $0.75 sent and $0.20 Received.  If you are currently paying $0.30/text, on a grandfathered plan, then you may be charged $0.30/received text.

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/addons

If you're going to be using the phone a lot, may I suggest purchasing a local SIM (providing your phone is unlocked) or purchasing a local phone.  For occasional use, I just suck up the charges and minimize my use.

The other tabs in the above link provide other options, simply click on the tab to see them.  There are way too many options for me to list them all in this post.

carl22
I've been here awhile

Thanks! How about sending picture/video message while roaming in the US? It's not indicated there.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It appears to be under Pay-per-use rates, the last tab, but perhaps that's from Canada to US...  Perhaps someone else here knows for sure.

Hey @carl22

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

You're definitely doing the right thing by verifying the rates before leaving.

Picture and video messages can be sent and received while roaming, where the service is available

@57 - As usual, thank you for your contribution.

I don't think the information you were looking for appears on the Pay-As-You-Go page.

The actual rate for sending an MMS while roaming is:

Roaming rate for kBs sent

+

Rate for MMS per recipient.

This means that if you send the same picture to two of your contacts, you'll be charged $0.50 per MMS sent to a Canadian number, or $0.75 per MMS to a U.S. or international number, plus the cost of data transmissions.

Make sure to Top-Up before you leave and purchase a Roaming Data Pass.

Rest assured, you can still call the Prepaid line at 1-800-575-9090, from the United States!

RogersMaude

carl22
I've been here awhile

Hi @RogersMaude

I was chatting earlier with a Rogers staff using your web chat app and was told differently.

I was told it's 45¢ and receiving is free. Sorry, but which is correct?

EDIT: Sorry I just remembered I was talking about Talk and Text postpaid plan $25 (150 canada wide and 50 texts) with the Rogers staff.

For the Talk and Text 25 150 canada wide + 50 texts, I assume picture/video message is included? If so, how much will additional picture/video message sending cost?

Hello again @carl22,

The plan in question comes with calling and messaging:
•    150 Canada-wide minutes
•    50 text messages sent from Canada to Canadian numbers (excluding picture and video messages)
•    Unlimited incoming text messages.

Do note that this plan does not work with Roam Like Home or Roaming Travel Packs.

It does not come with call display or voicemail.

Included features:
•    Group Calling
•    Name Display (requires additional Call Display add-on).

For more information, visit the Talk and Text plans page.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation