cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling feature is not showing in my Oneplus 8T and 6T devices

vaisakh1990
I've been here awhile

Hello,
I live in a less coverage area that is in a basement. I'm using Oneplus 8T and One plus 6T device. I already have Rogers Home Internet Wi-Fi connection and I'm using Rogers Sim connection as well in my both mobile devices. Why I can't use the WiFi calling feature in my phone. Any guidance or help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

*Added Labels*

4 REPLIES 4

Re: WiFi calling feature is not showing in my Oneplus 8T and 6T devices

RogersTony

Hello, @vaisakh1990 

Welcome to the Rogers community forums!

We appreciate you posting your concerns about the Wi-Fi calling feature on your Oneplus 8T. If you have purchased your device from a 3rd party seller outside of Rogers we cannot guarantee that the Wi-Fi calling feature will work on on your device as it has not been tested on our network.

I know this may not be the answer you were hoping to hear.

RogersTony

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
WiFi Calling will work. The issue is, Rogers will not provision the device. Any devices not sold directly by Rogers become a bit of a pain becauae Rogers wants you to only buy your devices from them. This is a common oractice with all Canadian carriers now with the exception of Freedom, but their service sucks. It isn't a compatibility iasue or hardware iasue. It's simply Rogers trying to push you into buying a device directly from them.

EhmTeeEhf
I'm a reliable contributor

The best advise I can give anyone buying a 3rd party phone. before you do go on the forums here and confirm your device supports the Rogers Network Frequencies. There are a ton of them and if your devices doesn't show support for the 5G frequencies, I would not buy the device. Don't be trapped by getting a phone that doesn't support it. As a technical Cellular technician who has worked for Rogers for 15 years, it's the best advise. Educate yourself before!

EhmTeeEhf
I'm a reliable contributor

I would say it like this. Rogers cannot guarantee 100% that your non Rogers device will function properly. Yes you can get them provisioned but it has to go through an escalation. But if it doesn't work properly when provisioned people will still be upset. I would say if it connects and works on wifi calling that's a bonus, but you cannot hold Rogers responsible if it doesn't function properly. When buying any 3rd party device, I would always state that it may work but it cannot be 100% guaranteed. You aren't forced to buy your device from Rogers, but you do have to understand if it doesn't work even when provisioned, you can't say its the Rogers network causing the issue cause it works with (insert other provider) they tell you up front its not guaranteed. But it is guaranteed if its from Rogers because it was setup with an OS with rogers device support that is native. I have many Non Rogers devices I have used with Rogers over the years with WiFi Calling, but I researched them first to make sure they supported the proper provisioning. Educating yourself is the best way to guarantee compatibility 🙂 Also yes make sure WiFi Calling is provisioned and your plan properly supports WiFi Calling

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation