cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Slow Speeds on War Eagle Lake Rd, ON

kvacola
I'm here a lot

Just arrived last night at our place on War Eagle Lake Rd in NW Ontario outside Kenora. LTE is registering 3/4 bars from the tower less than km away but I'm getting at most 1.1 Mbps and averaging around 300-400 Kbps. What gives? I've tried everything... Rebooting, turning on roaming, manually going to Rogers-Ext, nothing is working. Now I have some important contracts to sign and I can't even download a 2MB pdf file to read. I'll have to drop everything and drive into town. This tower was great last year and was only installed a few years ago so the speeds should be adequate to read email! Very frustrating Rogers.

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Extremely Slow Speeds on War Eagle Lake Rd, ON

chomyn
I plan to stick around
Try using 3G or 4G mode. Worked for me.

Can't do that with an iPhone 12. It's 5G, 5G Auto, or LTE unfortunately. 🙁

chomyn
I plan to stick around
I’ve heard a lot of people with the same issues you’re having and they’re not able to go to 3G in a low 4G/LTE non 5G area. My niece had the same issue. Maybe if you call Rogers directly because from what I read it’s a carrier setting. The iPhone 12 can support 3G but Rogers has to enable it. I was going to upgrade until I found this bit of information. It’s just not Rogers, but other iPhone 12 users have the same problem. The only suggestion I can think of is that if you get a hotspot that connects to the Rogers extended network using 4G only and then you can just use your iPhone 12 off the Wi-Fi. It’s usually only $10 to add on to your plan and share your data. You also have 15 days to return it if it doesn’t work out for you. In my case on the hotspot, LTE didn’t work and was extremely slow, but 4G gave me full bars and decent speed. I still had to use the extended network though. I was in Port Maitland though, really rural my phone kept trying to roam on the American towers as well. If you figure out a way, let me know.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation