cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G coverage map not accurate

alexinder
I've been here awhile

Hi, 

I was testing the 5G in Waterloo area on my iPhone 12 and I can get 5g in downtown Waterloo, but I was not be able to get it in my home or Waterloo Costco where it shows covered on 5g coverage map. Is there something wrong with my phone or just the map not accurate?

Best,

photo_2020-12-26_17-32-16.jpg

***Added Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 5G coverage map not accurate

RogersTony

Hello, @alexinder

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums we hope that you will stay a while. 🙂

I can completely understand the excitement around 5G and wanting to connect to the fastest network available for your iPhone 12. If you are able to connect to 5G elsewhere without any issues there is most likely no issues with your device.

Can you confirm if the 5G signal works outdoors in there areas where the map is showing 5G availability or is it just indoors where the 5G seems to be unable to connect? If it is both indoors and outdoors please report this issues using our MyNetwork tool in the MyRogers app support section or by visiting https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/my-network.

To report this matter, select Data, enter the address info, then click Check Status. If there is an issue it will be reported here, if there is no known issues reported you can select provide feedback. Choose Data, Slow Internet and then document if it is indoors or outdoors. There is a section where you can leave commentary and explain that the 5G is not working according to the coverage map.

If it is only affecting indoor spaces then the 5G signal may not be strong enough indoors. This should change once our 5G network is expanded further.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

alexinder
I've been here awhile
Happy new year!

After I reported the issue they replied me back saying that they don’t have any issues, it is something wrong with phone. This is the second time they are saying this. I found the report system on the app is useless.

Best!

Happy new year!

I appreciate using the MyNetwork support tool available in the MyRogers app and reporting an issue.

Were you reporting from the same location and time you were experiencing the issue? As the app takes into account the exact location, you submitted the report.

Our technical teams will review your feedback to identify and resolve service outages. Our planning teams will also review your feedback to prioritize future network enhancements.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

alexinder
I've been here awhile
Hi RogersMoin,

Happy new year!

Yes I do, actually I never got 5g here but the coverage map clearly shows the 5g is available. Reports couple of times but only get response saying that nothing wrong in their end. I do get 5g at downtown Waterloo which means nothing wrong with my phone.

Hello, @alexinder.

It seems odd that you are not getting 5G coverage at those two locations where the map shows it's available. 

If you would like, we can also submit a ticket on your behalf. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation