cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IgniteTV for android not streaming

aube
I plan to stick around

Hi,

I rencently purchased a Xiaomi pad 5 pro wifi tablet (Android 12 and MIUI 13.1.4) and installed IgniteTV on it.  When it starts, it goes to the main screen and then I choose a channel from the guide and get this error "We've got a location issue. Unfortunately, we can't play this video within this country.".  If I try with Edge or Chrome browsers for android and go to https://ignitetv.rogers.com , I get this message " This Video Cannot Be Played. We've run into a problem while streaming XXXXXXXXXXX. (Error player.-9002.14002). The Google Play Store is set to Canada in the settings and all settings for location are turned on.  I tried clearing Cache in the browsers and also in the Google Play Store app and still no luck. I uninstalled the IgniteTV app several times and still get the same.  Something I noticed,after a fresh install of the app, sometimes I will get a channel that will start to play but as soon as I switch to another one, I start getting the same error message again.  I even tried a factory reset of my tablet and still no luck. Almost forgot, all this is happening in my own home on my own wifi network.

This problem as been bugging me for a while and I would really like some idea how to fix it. Thanks!

***Edited Labels***

26 REPLIES 26

Re: IgniteTV for android not streaming

aube
I plan to stick around

When I check the sites for Costco and Home Depot it shows the stores closest to me which are both in Moncton NB. Something I tried a couple weeks back was and old version of IgniteTV that I found on the internet and remember something about a mapping problem with the error 401. Maybe this could help find the issue.

aube
I plan to stick around

Finally found my problem. There's a setting called WLAN assistant in Wi-fi settings, so I turned on Traffic Mode then chose Fast Connection and my IgniteTv app finally started to work. I thank you all  very much for all your help you've been very helpful.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thank you for this feedback.  I really hate it when the error message you get is useless for the diagnosis.  Did you find this solution by comparing settings on your various devices?  Or on the web?

aube
I plan to stick around

I found it by luck while looking in the settings, I was wondering what th WLAN assistant was on the Xiaomi tablet so I checked it out.  There's a setting called Traffic mode that was turned off so I turned it on.  Then there are 2 choices:

1.Balanced: Allocate equal bandwidth to the apps and backgroud downloads.

2. Fast connection: Give priority to the apps you're using while making the backgroud download speed slower.

I chose the second one.  The I opened IgniteTv app and was surprised to see one channel playing, I then tried another one same thing again.  I repeated several times and it finally it was working correctly.

It seems that by giving more bandwidth to the app fixed the problem I was having.

CV_1966
I've been around
Where is this WLan setting? In the ignite setting or on your android device?

aube
I plan to stick around

This setting is on the Xiaomi Mi 5 pro tablet in WiFi assistant settings.  I've updated my tablet to MIUI 14 android 13 and this setting has been removed and I can't use Ignite TV anymore.

Topic Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 in conversation