cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite WiFi Hub - Some Devices Not Connecting

Jerryha
I've been around

So I have ignite wifi hub and I created profiles for myself my wife and son. This issue has happened twice now, but what's happening is my son will come ask me if i shut his internet down as we do have limits set on his profile. I say no and i check the app and everything appears to be fine but nothing works for him but everything is ok on all other profiles. In order to fix this problem i had to remove his profile so none of his devices were attached to any profile and all seems to be working. After a couple of days of good stable connection i created another profile for him and after about 2 months same thing. Just saying. Plz fix app as that is one of the big selling points is to be able to manage devices. yes maybe, but when a problem like this happens and the customer may not be as tech savvy, might not be able to figure this out. So plz fix.

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ignite WiFi Hub - Some Devices Not Connecting

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is your son using devices with random MAC addresses enabled?  If so, that might be part or all of the problem.  Although, I had read somewhere that IOS devices should use the same MAC address on a wifi networks that they have previously used.  Don't remember where I had seen that, so it might be worth looking up.  And, there also the possibility of a bug in the app.  

How to disable random MAC addresses:

https://help.firewalla.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055342613-How-to-turn-off-MAC-Address-Randomization-

Re: Ignite WiFi Hub - Some Devices Not Connecting

mzn
I've been here awhile

Hello
I recently installed the ignite Wi-Fi from Rogers

When I list my devices… Which I have 48 of them [most of them smart home devices.]
I see under the CONNECT TAB 26 devices are not connected… But they are ..

The app in incorrectly identifies these devices as not connected

I’ve rebooted the ignite modem Gen 2… I also deleted and reinstalled the ignite app.

Note that I have a pod, which has 7 devices connected correctly

When I first got the modem installed Saturday… All my devices showed connected. This is new since I installed the pod to extend my signal.

Has anybody seen this anomaly and know how to fix it?

Note : when I refresh the device list .. it’s flip-flops between 26 device is not connected to 11 device is not connected to 26 again

Thanks

Re: Ignite Hub Does Not Show Connected Devices

mzn
I've been here awhile

BTW
I used an network analyzer, called fling… And it shows all my devices connected properly with an IP address… So there’s something wrong with the app reporting from the ignite hub?

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation