Ignite Wi-Fi Hub App is Buggy/Slow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ignite Wi-Fi Hub App is Buggy/Slow

Why do I have to use an App to manage devices on my network, its bugging and slow.

Either fix it or move it to a web-based service.

Thanks.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

Highlighted

Re: Ignite Wi-Fi Hub App is Buggy/Slow

Good evening @Cepheus74

Welcome to the Community!

The Ignite WiFi Hub app is a great way to manage the WiFi and the devices in your home. We want to make sure the app works efficiently for you too. How long have you noticed these issues for? I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my end, may I know what device are you using and if you're on the latest update? Have you tried to access the app on more than one device? 

Typically restarting the device can act as a fresh start and clear any issues that may have been caused by memory conflicts within the device. Please let us know if it helps resolve the issue.

Alternately you can also access https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/ via the browser.

Hope this helps :).

RogersZia

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite Wi-Fi Hub App is Buggy/Slow

@Cepheus74 wrote:

Why do I have to use an App to manage devices on my network, its bugging and slow.

Either fix it or move it to a web-based service.

The Ignite WiFi Hub mobile app is required in order to install Ignite WiFi Pods.  Other than that, use of the mobile app is totally optional.  Many people love it; it's a very convenient way to manage your home network from anywhere.  Some prefer to use a web browser on their computer and use the Ignite WiFi Hub web portal instead.

Some users don't use Pods, don't use the mobile or web apps, and manage their XB6 gateway only through its internal Gateway/Network Management Tool.  It all depends on which Ignite Internet features you choose to use and how you choose to manage your home network.