cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite HomeConnect App Blocks Internet for Devices That Are Not Paused

dany_boy_1
I've been around

I have a strange issue with my Rogers Ignite Router at home. 

I have all the devices that  connect to the WIFI assigned to specific users in the house. 

For eample i have devices, so does my son and so do my daugther. 

When i pause my dauygthers devices it prevents her devices from connecting to the internet. 

However it also block other devices, like IP phones, Apple TY etc that are not paused. 

For example it will also block internet access to my IPHONE which is not assigned to my daugther. 

I doubled checked all the MAC address etc and everything is correct. 

Any sugestions would be appriciated. 

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ignite HomeConnect App Blocks Internet for Devices That Are Not Paused

Dennisleon
I've been around

@dany_boy_1HealthInsuranceMarket wrote:

I have a strange issue with my Rogers Ignite Router at home. 

I have all the devices that  connect to the WIFI assigned to specific users in the house. 

For eample i have devices, so does my son and so do my daugther. 

When i pause my dauygthers devices it prevents her devices from connecting to the internet. 

However it also block other devices, like IP phones, Apple TY etc that are not paused. 

For example it will also block internet access to my IPHONE which is not assigned to my daugther. 

I doubled checked all the MAC address etc and everything is correct. 

Any sugestions would be appriciated. 

*Added Labels*

Hello,

I understand the frustration you’re experiencing with your Rogers Ignite Router. Let’s explore some possible solutions to address this issue:

Delayed Pausing Effect:
When you pause a device using the Ignite HomeConnect app, it may not immediately disrupt ongoing activity on that device. The pause feature works by blocking DNS lookups from the Ignite Gateway, which means existing connections might persist for a short time.

If you pause your daughter’s devices, give it a few minutes to take effect. Sometimes, the delay in pausing can lead to unexpected behavior.

Check Device Associations:
Since you’ve already verified the MAC addresses, let’s double-check the device associations:
Ensure that your daughter’s devices are correctly assigned to her profile in the app.
Confirm that your iPhone is not accidentally associated with her profile.
Verify that the devices you’re experiencing issues with are indeed associated with the correct user profiles.

Restart the Router:
Sometimes, a simple router restart can resolve connectivity issues. Power cycle your Rogers Ignite Router by unplugging it, waiting for a minute, and then plugging it back in.
After the router restarts, check if the issue persists.

Update Firmware and App:
Ensure that your router’s firmware is up to date. Outdated firmware can cause unexpected behavior.
Similarly, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Ignite HomeConnect app. If there are any updates available, install them.

Contact Rogers Support:
If the issue persists, consider reaching out to Rogers customer support. They can provide specific troubleshooting steps and may even escalate the issue if needed.
You can call Rogers at 1-866-841-3705 or use their Live Chat service to discuss the issue.

I hope the information may helps you. 

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation