cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access TSN 3 on GO App due to IP Address Error!

jareddinsdale
I've been here awhile

So since I switched to Rogers I cannot access tsn3 or playnow.com. both of these sites require me to be in Manitoba which I am. The error I get is that my IP address shows me as out of the service area. This is on my p20. Both sites work on wifi

**Labels Added**

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Cannot Access TSN 3 on GO App due to IP Address Error!

RogersTony

Hello @jareddinsdale,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

As a sports fan myself, I can feel your pain with TSN3 and playnow.com not working since you switched to Rogers. =(

To see if there is a geolocation issue with the IP address assigned to your device please turn off your Wi-Fi and while connected to the cellular data network, on your web browser visit www.whatismyIP.com. It will tell you the Public IP of the device you are using and the approximate location. Please advise if it is showing any location outside of Manitoba. Do not post the Public IP address of your device in the Community as it is a public place.

If there are any other users in the Community, in Manitoba experiencing similar issues accessing TSN3 or playnow.com on the Wireless network feel free to chime in!

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

Hello I ran the test and it shows Cornwall Ontario. Not sure how to proceed

Hello @jareddinsdale,

Thanks so much for confirming, I must admit this is an odd occurrence! Was your device purchased from Rogers in Manitoba or did you get the device from somewhere else? Please ensure if you have a VPN on your device to turn it off before testing again. 

We may need to escalate this further to find a resolution but we'd like to gather more information first. We would like you to try disabling the IPv6 functionality on your device and see if the issue persists. This can be done in the phone's Mobile Network Settings and then Access Point Names. Click on Rogers LTE ltemobile.apn and then scroll down to APN protocol and adjust it to IPv4 for testing. You can adjust it back after testing.

Keep us posted on the result!

RogersTony

gwmacdonald
I plan to stick around

Cornwall, Ont. is where your packets exit the Rogers internal network and join the Internet.    In my case, since I live in Alberta, my packets exit the Rogers internal network somewhere in the Lower Mainland of B.C.   

You have two options:

(1).  Switch to a local provider who can guarantee you an IP address based in Manitoba.  

(2).  Find a VPN service which has a server in Manitoba.   

My VPN service, which is based in Hong Kong, only has servers in Vancouver and Toronto, in addition to many servers around the world

Gary MacDonald

I live in Winnipeg, and the same thing is happening. Can't watch Jets games on TSN3 on TSN app or on Shaw Freerange. When I do a speedtest on data, it shows i am in Vancouver and when i go to whatismyip.com, it shows Toronto.  I just switched to Rogers. Hopefully this can get fixed.

Hey guys, I have the same issue with my Telus phone and my Rogers mobile internet. With the phone, I can watch directly just fine, but tethering off phone or the mobile internet I get the "out of market area" message
. Been working at this for most of 3 years, no answers yet

Greetings @SandyReg!

Have you had any escalations done by us in the past 3 years for this issue or have you just been troubleshooting it yourself?

If you've had escalations done, I'd like to take a look at the history of this issue as it's logged on your account.

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

I have the same issue in Kenora, ON with the Jets only when tethering off my phone (Telus) or using my mifi 8000 (Rogers)

Rogers IP address comes up Missisauga

Hi Rogers Corey,
I'm currently at my cottage and could set up IP address

Hey Rogers Corey, I picked up this issue with Rogers Tony last month and he thought he had a resolution to this. I thought I needed to be at permanent location to set it up. Can you ad ise?

Thanks
Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation