cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible mobile data speeds!

gregcorriezack
I plan to stick around

Over the last month the data speeds have been hit or miss. This is happening in Blenheim, near Rondeau and also my son is having the same issue up near Wallaceburg ON. I have been with Rogers for almost 20 years and have never had this issues in these above areas that were mentioned. As I write this now at 820am the speeds are perfectly fine. But last night from about supper time until after midnight the speed was unusable. I was already told that its network congestion which I find to be a bad answer. They said from cottagers this time of year. There was the same amount of cottagers last year and no issues. And the year before. So what's the problem? The towers need work? It really makes me angry for the amount of money we pay you guys and stuff does not work almost daily! To make things worse I got the wireless ignite for Internet out at my trailer and it uses the same Rogers tower so it's useless garbage at the same time. Please get this fixed!

*** Edited Labels ***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Terrible mobile data speeds!

RogersCorey

Greetings @gregcorriezack!

Considering the circumstances and the timing of the occurrence of this issue, network congestion caused by an increase in traffic is most likely. It is also possible that there is an issue with the tower but tower related issues don't usually have such a distinct pattern of prime time performance drops.

When your network performance drops around supper time until after midnight, that's indicative of congestion since the performance drops in lockstep with prime time usage.

We'd be happy to take a closer look to determine if this is congestion or something else. Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

gregcorriezack
I plan to stick around
It's not just after supper though. Saturday morning. I was driving back to the trailer from Wallaceburg. I was doing speed tests on the network all the way back to Rondeau. Wallaceburg I was hitting close to 100Mbps. Once I got to Talbot trail I was down to 20Mbps. Then about 30 seconds after crossing Talbot Trail (people also call it Ridge Line) it was down to a measley 200Kbps. Like within seconds. This is just before noon. Like there has to be some other issue. No issues in previous years with all the "cottagers" as you guys say would cause congestion. It needs to be looked into further!

Weekends, in general, are considered prime time usage since so many people have weekends off. Usage patterns are spread throughout the day rather than concentrated to the after supper hours when people are off work, like on a weekday. Congestion is often more apparent on weekends than on weekdays. 

I encourage you to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. I can escalate a ticket to have this matter investigated for you but I need to do it from your account directly. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Ya well you see it's not just weekends. I have been out there many times during the weekdays this year already and it has done the same thing. It just seems like blame and excuses are made up and nothing gets looked into further.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation