cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers tower C8504 Cloyne ON

CallMeConrad
I've been around

This tower (built under the EORN Cell Gap project) went live this spring. So far it has not shown up in the usual tower databases (scadacore.com and ertyu.org). We are about 8km straight line from this tower.

Last week I signed up for a Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway and tested it on the weekend. 

Service was weak (no internet) in one building and fair (one LED light) in another - managed to connect to internet ok, play a few videos, etc.

Since the Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway has no external antenna support, I am now considering a cell signal booster with directional antenna to point at the new Rogers tower in Cloyne.

I have been trying through Rogers tech support without success to find out the tower frequencies and azimuths so I can understand the coverage pattern. Is this info available anywhere?

Will the booster work to improve connectivity? What bands must the booster support?
Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: New Rogers tower C8504 Cloyne ON

RogersJermaine

Hi @CallMeConrad,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and we appreciate you sharing the details regarding your experience so far with the Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway.

If you are having issues with the signal, you can check the network coverage and status in your area by going through these steps in the MyRogess app. MyRogers app > Support tab > Network Aid. If there are no issues you can always complete some additional basic troubleshooting of the hardware by following the steps outline in our article here.

Any additional add-on hardware would be unsupported, but you can check out this thread where some users have discussed this.

Regards,

RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation