Magelan913
I plan to stick around

Hi all,

According to inseego websiteSpeed.JPG

Plan included with device is

Plan description:
- 500GB non-shared high-speed data
- Video streaming up to 3Mbps
- Other activities, speeds up to 100Mbps download and up to 10Mbps upload, reduced after 500GB (up to 10Mbps down,
up to 2Mbps up);

I wonder why not bigger than 100 Mbps.. ?

By the way, I was doing speed test and it was around 95-96 Mbps not 100 and upload was less than 10 around 9 or so, tried few times in different time of the day...

Also I was trying to use device with just 3 WIFI connections(one laptop, 2 cellphones) battery went down to 15% or less  in approximately 7 hours, so it's not a full day battery as it mentioned by producer..

Not quite happy with those limitations for speed... 😞

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Inseego MiFi X PRO 5G M3000 speed somehow limited by Rogers

RogersJermaine

Hello @Magelan913,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums, and thank you for your post! We appreciate your feedback, and if there are any changes made to device specifications, we will be sure to update and let you know.

Regards,

RogersJermaine

Magelan913
I plan to stick around

It would be helpful for customers to update description that is not high speed  but low speed  mobile internet. For some reason on my Iphone14Pro data speed test  is way faster 5-6 times or so... I wish to know why we have up to 100 Mbps, where is the limitation set.. Any help with this ?

Pluche
I've been around

Guys, I have two devices here to plau with, right next door to a a Rogers 5G tower.

On the old MiiFi 8000 with LTE, I get speeds of 290 MBits/s down and 50 MBits/sec up… consistently and that’s on an iPhone 15 Pro Max!
On the new MiFi Pro 5G with a 5G SIM and onscreen 5G indications at full signal strenght, the speedtest will not exceed 96 MBits/sec down and 5 MBits/sec up.

I am not implying that Rogers is throttling speeds on an expensive plan, it just looks that way!

Magelan913
I plan to stick around

I wish to see some official response from Rogers, but looks like nobody really wants to talk about it..

I did some experiments with using VPN on MIFI and noticed speed a bit  bumped up, so I may have on VPN  ~110Mbits down and 10.xxMbits up versus without VPN... You can also try to use provided with MIFI SIM card with your phone and try to check speed there. If you go over USA websites and check what people are saying about same MIFI  device they report better speed versus what we have on our end.. So we can assume speed is regulated by provider. Surprisingly on Bell for same device it says 

Super-fast Wi-Fi

Enjoy speeds of up to 3.8 Gbps and connect up to 32 devices.

I'm trying to find out, if this actually true speed Bell provide or just "up to" 😂 

Karol80
I've been around
Can i boost the signal( not the speed) ?
We use it(or at least try) in our rv park in a deep forest.

Magelan913
I plan to stick around
If your MIFI let you to connect external antenna you can try. Otherwise look for signal booster. Should help.
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation