cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FastMile 5G Gateway - Blocking TCP/IP Socket Programming

DS256
I plan to stick around

I have several computers running programs using TCP/IP Sockets. These worked fine using the old Rocket Hub but has stopped working on the FastMile 5G Gateway. I've checked the user manual (which is useless) and can't see anything that would be blocking this.

As a test, I wrote this simple program on a laptop to talk to a server.

import socket
sockaddr = socket.getaddrinfo("192.168.0.147", 65432)[0][-1]
s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
s.settimeout(60)
s.connect(sockaddr)      

s.sendall(bytes(log_file, 'utf-8'))			# Dummy payload as byte type
rtc_byte= s.recv(1024) 						# Get RTC payload from wethCAM.local
rtc_str = str(rtc_byte, 'UTF-8') 			# Convert byte to str
print(rtc_str)

When I run this I get the error 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/apple/Documents/test.py", line 6, in <module>
    s.connect(sockaddr)
ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 61] Connection refused

As I mentioned, this was all working before but since putting new FastMile in between, I get errors.

I tried to post this on the Nokia but after providing the manual they said to contact my provider who is Rogers. I know this is very technical question but I've run out other options.

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: FastMile 5G Gateway - Blocking TCP/IP Socket Programming

DS256
I plan to stick around

I don't see any way to delete this post so I will suffice to say I solved the problem by restarting the server task on spec. I'm still trying to determine what happened but I think it involved changing the subnet from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.0.0 while the server task was already running. While the server itself responded and obtained a new IP address, I think the server task had the old subnet address embedded in this definition.

Anyway, not a problem with the FishMile but routers can be in socket communication.

Apologies in the erroneous post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DS256
I plan to stick around

I don't see any way to delete this post so I will suffice to say I solved the problem by restarting the server task on spec. I'm still trying to determine what happened but I think it involved changing the subnet from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.0.0 while the server task was already running. While the server itself responded and obtained a new IP address, I think the server task had the old subnet address embedded in this definition.

Anyway, not a problem with the FishMile but routers can be in socket communication.

Apologies in the erroneous post.

Hello, @DS256 

Thank you for posting your issue and solution in the community.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation