cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Home Internet & 3rd Party Router

Meo034
I've been around

Hello,

I recently upgraded my Internet Service provided and got Rogers rural 50 LTE installed a couple of days ago, The system came with the the XB7 router which the WIFI isn't as great as my NetGear Nighthawk AX3600. My question is can I use the 3rd party router (Netgear Nighthawk) with the Rogers modem (XB7)? If so, do I must set the Bridge Mode to enabled? I tried that and couldn't gain access to the Rogers router via the Ignite HomeConnect App or with my laptop using the 10.0.0.1  

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Wireless Home Internet & 3rd Party Router

RogersMoin

Hello, @Meo034.

Congratulations on switching to Rogers Wireless Home Internet, and welcome to our Community!

The Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem, XB7, is connected via Ethernet cable to the PoE (Power over Ethernet) adapter. Hence, bridging the modem will not help in your situation. Unbridge the modem by doing a factory reset to place it in the default gateway mode. And let the PoE adapter be plugged into the Port 4 of the modem. Now, you can plug your router into one of the other available Ethernet ports on the modem. 

Please let us know if you have further questions. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Re: Wireless Home Internet & 3rd Party Router

Minitruckin1983
I've been around
Completely disconnect the rogers router and plug the Ethernet cable that goes out of the POE box right into your net gear router. You don't need the XB7
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation