cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete individual emails using IMAP email account on Outlook Microsoft 365

Condoleeza
I've been here awhile
Hi, I'm using the newest version of Outlook on Microsoft 365 and I am unable to delete emails. Whenever I attempt to delete an email, I get an error saying, “The operation cannot be performed because the object has been deleted.”. (screenshot) . I have tried pretty much everything under the sun to fix this issue aside from removing and adding back the account, or reinstalling Microsoft 365 completely.
For some context, I have 4 emails associated with my Outlook account and the only one that has this issue is my main email, which is a rogers/yahoo email account. All my other ones do not have this issue. Also, my folders for deleted and junk emails have disappeared completely, however, this only occurs on my rogers/yahoo account. I’m still able to use Outlook as normal, however, I just cannot delete emails for whatever reason.
Thanks.

*Labels Added**
1 REPLY 1

Re: Unable to delete individual emails using IMAP email account on Outlook Microsoft 365

RogersCorey

Hello Condoleeza! Welcome to our Community!

Do you happen to have this email setup on multiple devices by chance? I wonder if this is an issue where your accounts aren't all syncing properly.

Have you logged into our webmail to see if those emails are still on the server? 

You say you're using the newest version but would you mind sharing with us the exact version you're using right now? 

Thanks!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation