cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious trip and safety hazard

KapilS
I've been around

Rogers has made a mess on my property. See attached hanging cables. I didn't approve this.

They're serious trip hazard and low hanging cables on driveway are critical safety hazard for me, my property and pedestrians.20220911_132124.jpg

20220911_132116.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Serious trip and safety hazard

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You should contact Rogers about this temporary installation. In the meantime, you may wish to use a cable tie or similar to raise the short line from the box to the branch of the tree as high as possible so that it is no longer a trip hazard.  Also, put a red or yellow "flag" half way along the short line so that it's more visible.  I know this is not your job, but it's what I would do.

This is why it's usually a good idea for someone to be home if possible whenever anyone does any work on your property, not just Rogers.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Does that cable cross the road to get to your house?  If so, one of these days, some truck is going to come along and drag that cable off of your roof and off of the pedestal.  That cable should have a steel messenger cable running alongside the RG6 cable in order to support the RG6 cable.  If and when some truck hits that cable, it will rip the facia board off of your roof and possibly take a portion of the soffit and shingles with it.   That will be a pain to repair.

Calling @RogersCorey, this one's for you...... 

RogersCorey

Hello @KapilS!

We'd be happy to take a closer look and submit an escalation to have this temporary cable made safe! Does this cable stretch across the road or is your house the one pictured in the second image?

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation