cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIP-/ALG on Ignite XB6 Modum - Cisco IP Phone-SPA504G phone

slydog1
I've been here awhile

Hello everyone,

I have a Cisco IP Phone - SPA504G office phone that was working fine but now it is not. My work consists of telephone consultations from home, so I really would like to get this phone up and running as it has alot of features. Digitcom (company who programs the phones),  stated it was a Rogers issue, yet I called Rogers and they said that it is not their issue.  Digitcom said to disable the SIP/ALG, but Rogers has no such thing on the Ignite internet. 

If anyone has any idea or help to fix this issue, I would greatly appreciate it :0)

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SIP-/ALG on Ignite XB6 Modum - Cisco IP Phone-SPA504G phone

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@slydog1 have a look at the following post, which is very recent:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ignite-TV-VOIP/m-p/499534/highlight/true#M15635

If you have an XB6 modem:

Open your web browser, and login at 10.0.0.1
Navigate to Advanced-->Options.
Uncheck the SIP box.
Click "Apply".

Reboot the modem.

That list is based on previous firmware versions, so, the question today is whether or not the SIP setting is still present or, has Comcast removed it from the user interface?

Either way, can you post the answer to that question, whether or not the SIP setting is still in the XB6 user interface?

slydog1
I've been here awhile
Yes, I will try and let you know. I’ve called Rogers twice now and they said that the SIP doesn’t exist with the new modems. Thank you for your response.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@slydog1 wrote:
Yes, I will try and let you know. I’ve called Rogers twice now and they said that the SIP doesn’t exist with the new modems. Thank you for your response.

As far as I know, there is no way to disable the SIP ALG on the Ignite gateways.  Even Comcast's technical support says that to do so, you would need to enable Bridge Mode and use your own router.

There is definitely no option in the UI to do this on the XB7 and XB8 and, to be honest, I don't remember seeing it in any variant of the XB6 that I have had either.

Even if you could disable the SIP ALG, you could still run into problems, depending on the specifics of the NAT implementation and UDP timeouts on the firewall, and that applies both to the firewall on the Ignite gateway as well as any router/firewall that you install..  That said, from what I remember, the SPA504G generally did not have any issues with NAT traversal, and has options to lower keepalives so that your SIP registration and RDP flows don't time out due to inactivity.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation