cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Yahoo Email Constantly Needing Email Reset

AwesomeGuy
I've been here awhile

Hi

I have been using the Rogers Yahoo email account for years without issues. But past 2 weeks something very odd is happening. I get logged out of my email account on all the clients that had been logged in. I only ever log into this email in 2 places, phone (Yahoo client) and PC. Both get logged out. When attempting to log back in, it says credentials are incorrect.

I called into Rogers support to inquire, and they have no record of any password changes and stated that its probably that Rogers wants me to periodically change the password.

This is the third time this has happened in 2 weeks and is beginning to look like an hacking attempt. Looking through the Rogers activity log, there is no record of anyone changing the password (other than myself). After careful checking I find the following:

AwesomeGuy_1-1640050200362.png

This user highlighted in the image is not me. They managed to log into my account but there is no record of the password being changed (which would trigger the clients being logged out). I have also done a factory reset of my PC and phone after the second time this happened just to be sure my devices aren't compromised. I also use randomly generated passwords with a password manager (even I don't know what password is used for my email). No other accounts of mine have ever been compromised.

This user is managing to log out all my clients and change the password without the password change request appearing in the Rogers account activity.

A simple 2-factor authentication would easily prevent this. I have requested 2-factor authentication feature request but it seems Rogers does not care about the security of their users of the email service.

I need to secure this email address as this is my primary account. I am sincerely requesting for help from Rogers (or anyone with suggestions) to help me as this can compromise my identity.

***Edited Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Rogers Yahoo Email Constantly Needing Email Reset

AwesomeGuy
I've been here awhile

There is something seriously wrong. Who ever did this attack managed to remove their traces of the activity. It seems Rogers Yahoo email service is actually compromised. Here is the screenshot of the activity logs but now the record of the client that logged in disappeared. I sincerely implore the Rogers cybersecurity to look into this. I have posted the screenshot showing the activity literally disappeared which you can compare with my original post:

AwesomeGuy_0-1640052954547.png

Hello, @AwesomeGuy.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Getting logged out and required to reset the password to access the email account can be bothersome! Have you noticed your emails or contacts missing? 

When you are in the webmail, please check the following:

Settings > More Settings > Mailboxes > your @rogers.com mailbox > Reply-to-address >> confirm it's your @rogers.com email address

&

Settings > More Settings > Filters > Please make sure there are no filters here.

Keep us posted.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

AwesomeGuy
I've been here awhile

Hi RogersMoin,

I checked the reply-to which was not changed. The filters that are there is nothing out of the ordinary , only the ones I had set myself.

To update, I had to initiate a new password reset today after being randomly logged out for the 4th time in a month. Looking at the activity log, sure enough a new login occurred at the exact same time both my devices were logged out and I had to initiate a password reset again to access my email. I have attached the screenshot of the login access again

loginRecord2.png

I am sure in an hour or so, the activity records will be altered so that login does not show up anymore. I will post that screenshot when that occurs. What can I do about this?

speirss
I've been here awhile

I’m experiencing the same problem on 4 different iOS devices and my laptop. Looks to be about the same number of times as you. Have you called Rogers directly about this issue?

Greetings @speirss!

Have you tried simply changing your password as of yet to see if that stops this activity from happening? I'm curious to know what troubleshooting steps you've already tried before I make any additional suggestions.

Regards,

RogersCorey

speirss
I've been here awhile
Changed password each time. Checked all settings as mentioned in earlier post .
Strange thing is I have a secondary address in my account and it doesnt delete that account.

kdenomme64
I've been around

I am having the exact same problem described above. After 20 years without issue, it started happening 2 weeks ago and now almost every day and multiple times in a day, I'm logged out and have to create a new password. Someone please help ASAP

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation