cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on downtime schedules

chank
I plan to stick around

I am not an Ignite subscriber (still on digital cable with Hitron modem), but I do have a question about the Ignite modem. I currently use my Hitron modem in bridged mode because it doesn't support multiple downtimes in the day. So I am wondering whether the Ignite modems can do something like this:

I want to be able to set "downtimes" (times where a device cannot access the internet) for a device for multiple times in the day. For example, every week day I want the device to be blocked from the internet between 0000-1200, 1600-1800 and then from 2100-2400. And then at weekends I want a similar but slightly different schedule, although still at least three times in the day where access is blocked. Can I do this with an Ignite modem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question on downtime schedules

RogersYasmine

Good day @chank,

Thanks for being a part of our community.  This is a really great question! 

Once you are subscribed to our Ignite internet service, you will have the option to download our Ignite WiFi Hub app on your device. 

This app allows you to control how your WiFi is used within your household. You are able to set up different profiles and attach specific devices to each profile and control when they can access your WiFi connection each day. Within each profile, you can set multiple 'downtime' schedules which will block internet usage for any devices under that particular profile. It's definitely a neat feature!

For instructions on how to use the app to schedule downtime for a specified profile, please click here.

I hope this helps! 🙂

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersYasmine

Good day @chank,

Thanks for being a part of our community.  This is a really great question! 

Once you are subscribed to our Ignite internet service, you will have the option to download our Ignite WiFi Hub app on your device. 

This app allows you to control how your WiFi is used within your household. You are able to set up different profiles and attach specific devices to each profile and control when they can access your WiFi connection each day. Within each profile, you can set multiple 'downtime' schedules which will block internet usage for any devices under that particular profile. It's definitely a neat feature!

For instructions on how to use the app to schedule downtime for a specified profile, please click here.

I hope this helps! 🙂

RogersLaura

k_kandola
I've been around

My rogers Ignite App hasn't been working for over a week. I've restarted the modem, reinstalled the app, tried on the website and nothing. I've had constant issues with the downtime feature. Very frustrating as the kids were virtual for the last 2 weeks...any solutions?

Hello, @k_kandola

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how frustrating it can be when the Wi-Fi hub app is not working as expected. 

If you have not already, I would recommend a factory reset of the Ignite Wi-Fi modem. You can find the steps listed here. After the factory reset you will need to set the modem again using the Ignite Wi-Fi Hub app. You can create the same Wi-Fi network name and passphrase so all of your devices will reconnect automatically.

Please setup the parental controls and downtime schedules again and let us know if issues are persistent.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation