cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping spiking

UnrealGS
I've Been Here Awhile

I've looked everywhere online for a fix but all I get are years old forums which are no help. I am about to call a technician but too avoid paying an absurd amount, I was wondering if some smart people could possibly help.

The ping spiking started 2 weeks ago, I've tried everything. I first thought it was my GPU but I updated the drivers and still spikes, I updated computer, still spikes etc. Came to the conclusion it's Rogers and their great internet service. Idk what else to do.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ping spiking

netprice2high
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same experience as @Richard_D

I think there's something wrong with Roger's primary DNS. giving a lot of packet loss.

Ping to secondary DNS is fine though.

But for my in-game ping situation I don't think it's related to their DNS since I'm not using Rogers DNS at all.

Here are the complete results for my CMTS Ping statistics for xx.xxx.xx.x:
Packets: Sent = 3600, Received = 3600, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 4ms, Maximum = 32ms, Average = 14ms

Hmm Interesting... When did your ping start getting whack? Mine started around January 2021, i'm curious if the timing would be similar and/or related

netprice2high
I Plan to Stick Around
Can't remember sorry. I always thought it's Riot Game's servers that are bad. Sometimes it takes 30s+ to load everyone into a server and server tick rates randomly dropping.
Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation