cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PATIENCE PAYS OFF

Dina53
I've been around

DON'T YOU JUST WANT TO SCREAM WHEN YOUR INTERNET GOES OFF!

NO TV... NO INTERNET!  UGH....

Well today I was tested in the area of PATIENCE. I had been doing some work on my computer and I was also looking forward to just relaxing with some TV programs.

Suddenly.... NO INTERNET!!!!  Hmmm. That was odd. Turned on my TV... yes indeed SERVICE INTERRUPTED

Being the Senior I am.. I panicked!  Ohh NOOO.... I lamented to myself... NO TV... NO INTERNET... WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!!!  Ahh... then it came back to me!  GO CHECK YOUR MODEM! 

Yes... and it was blinking GREEN!  I've had things go wrong before, but I wasn't sure what a blinking GREEN meant.

NOW I'M JUST FRUSTRATD!  Good thing I knew to just CALL ROGERS.  Took awhile for a rep to take my call.

BUT SHE WAS MORE THAN HELPFUL.... She had some answers and gave me hope when she finally turned me over to a Tech for more help! It only took maybe 8 more minutes for me to find out there was a LARGE AREA OUTAGE ...they are working on BUT that it could be hours! Uggh, I was really looking forward to relaxing with a program!

But you know what...I DID NOT COMPLAIN TO THE EITHER THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP NOR THE TECH... BECAUSE THEY ARE HUMAN ALSO!  

Well... at least I'm happy I have a DVD player... I can watch something!  So I settled with watching a DVD.  Hit PLAY and opened my computer one more time to see if anything had changed... 

AND GUESS WHAT... service had JUST BEEN RESTORED!  

THANK YOU ROGERS STAFF FOR COURTEOUS SERVICE & RESTORING SERVICE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU FOR BEING VERY PROFESSIONAL KNOWING YOUR ARE PROBABLY SPEAKING WITH A FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER!  

I will admit I felt frustrated... But being one who has also worked in the CUSTOMER SERVICE FIELD...  I know it's  BETTER TO BE PATIENT AND KIND TO THE ONE PERSON WHO CAN HELP YOU... after all... they are human also!

Trust me... it was well worth the wait... !!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Diane W

1 REPLY 1

Re: PATIENCE PAYS OFF

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @Dina53!

You had me on the edge of my seat there! You know how to tell a good story! 

I'm so glad to hear that we were able to resolve this for you in a timely manner.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us here. 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 in conversation