cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comwave on Rogers Fibre?

Jayzz
I plan to stick around

Rogers was awarded a contract by Infrastructure Ontario (taxpayer $) to install fibre in my rural County. Rogers subcontracted the actual installation to Ledcor Construction.

In August the CRTC ruled that all the major ISP's must share their infrastructure with other ISP's and provide wholesale pricing to any ISP by February 13, 2025.

I understand that Comwave is now owned by Rogers.

Is there any reason I wouldn't choose to have my service provided by a less costly "discount" ISP such as Comwave?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Comwave on Rogers Fibre?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You will need to call Comwave and ask.  Right now, they don't even publish pricing for their services anymore.  Prospective customers need to call "Comwave" to sign up, and presumably the agents who answer the phones are now just there to promote and sell Rogers Ignite-branded services instead.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You will need to call Comwave and ask.  Right now, they don't even publish pricing for their services anymore.  Prospective customers need to call "Comwave" to sign up, and presumably the agents who answer the phones are now just there to promote and sell Rogers Ignite-branded services instead.

Jayzz
I plan to stick around

Thanks. I called Comwave a couple of weeks ago and they gave me pricing as follows:

Millenial TV $59.90

30/10 mbs $29.95

But at the moment Rogers only allows Comwave to serve customers with access to COAX (i.e. not fibre). Hopefully that will change soon and their pricing will remain significantly lower than direct with Rogers.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation