cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 blue arrows.

Kf2019
I've been around

What does it mean if 1 of the blue arrows is a lighter shade of blue then the other?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2 blue arrows.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kf2019 I'm assuming that you're talking about the downstream and upstream LEDs on the front of the white CODA-4582 modem?  Please let me know if that's correct.  If so, the lighter blue indicates that the modem is using DOCSIS 3.1 on the downstream side, which is correct DOCSIS operating mode on the downstream side.  The darker blue indicates that the upstream side is using DOCSIS 3.0 which is the correct operating mode on the upstream side.  

Hopefully the next firmware version will enable DOCSIS 3.1 on the upstream side as well. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: 2 blue arrows.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kf2019 I'm assuming that you're talking about the downstream and upstream LEDs on the front of the white CODA-4582 modem?  Please let me know if that's correct.  If so, the lighter blue indicates that the modem is using DOCSIS 3.1 on the downstream side, which is correct DOCSIS operating mode on the downstream side.  The darker blue indicates that the upstream side is using DOCSIS 3.0 which is the correct operating mode on the upstream side.  

Hopefully the next firmware version will enable DOCSIS 3.1 on the upstream side as well. 

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation