cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting the US channels -

Robo89
I've been here awhile

We pay for the premium package $179 month plus taxes and our contract and our print off today show that we get the 5 US channels as well (NBC ABC FOX PBS CBS) and on occasion do get them - but 90% of the time they are not available.  I have tried calling ROGERS and they just try to get a different package - we just want what we have been paying for but are not getting?  Any ideas???

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: not getting the US channels -

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A few comments:

1. I assume you're talking about the Premier package?

2. The prime time pack (the channels you mention) have been an extra cost theme item since July 2021 - see links below: So, if you subscribed to your package after July 2021, then these channels were not included.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Changes-to-Ignite-TV-Channels-in-Packages-and-Theme-...

https://www.rogers.com/support/iptv/ignite-tv-distant-channels

3. These channels are included in the latest Rogers offerings since November 2023 - Starter, Popular, Total (And the new Flex 10 or 20 if you have access to it).

4. As I mentioned in my thread on Rogers Channel listings, there can be numerous errors in their channel listings, especially the pdfs they send out.  See link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Switching-from-Premier-63-Flex-channels-to-Total-TV-...

An additional example:  I just downloaded my latest channel listing in the MyRoges app and it still shows Flex channels, even though they are not part of my Total Bundle.

5. If you search this forum for "Prime time pack", you will find quite a few threads/posts on this topic.

6. The only option you have is to contact Rogers and complain. They may provide the channels or a credit, but don't count on it.

CarolynClink
I've been here awhile

Robo89, we're having the exact same problem. It started this week: we have lost access to ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS (the Buffalo, NY, affiliates), and FOX — the same channels you've lost access to — even though they're included in our bundle and we've made no changes to our service line-up. We're in Mississauga, Ontario. We tried the "Chat with an agent" at Rogers Support (https://www.rogers.com/support/share-a-concern), and they could find nothing wrong. They suggested resetting our Ignite box, which we did, and it did not solve the problem.

Frankly, I'm quite upset. We wanted to watch the presidential debate's after-coverage on ABC, wanted to watch Colbert's take on it on CBS, and we we're looking forward to the "Powerhouse Roundtable" on tomorrow's This Week on ABC — all of which we've been denied, even though we're paying for them. 

Robo89
I've been here awhile
So same as us we also kept getting it then taken away and also in our contract. We gave up trying to get resolution with Rogers they dont return calls, the technical did put the channels back but again they were all gone again just as we wanted to watch Olympic trials and debate. So we gave up on rogers and just paid the extra $3 a month which we just added on this called the “prime time package” when our contract is up we will just move to Bell because of this and their lack of customer service, it’s even worse than Bell.

Robo89
I've been here awhile
So just pay the $3 a month and then argue about it later it takes 5 mins to add using the website. Called prime time package ABC. NBC CBS PBS etc

CarolynClink
I've been here awhile

Thank you. I've now done that (added the $3 package) even though doing so brought up a message saying that I already had those channels. But the extra fee/extortion from Rogers seems to have solved the problem for now. Still, I will protest the charge. Bell just installed Fibe infrastructure throughout our building, so we have options, thankfully.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation