ignite TV youtube app cannot display Chinese characters

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ignite TV youtube app cannot display Chinese characters

i am trying to use youtube app in ignite tv, but there is problem to display chinese in youtube. i have no problem in displaying chinese if i use the same youtube account in the web browser or the smart tv youtube app. i only have problem using the ignite tv youtube app...

all the chinese characters display in funny fonts...

any solution for this issue...

cheers and thanks...

***Added Labels***

Highlighted

Re: ignite TV youtube app cannot display Chinese characters

Hello @cwong,

Thanks for your post! We hope you've been keeping safe and well! 🙂

This is certainly a strange one! Does this issue happen with any other app when used via Ignite TV? It does sound like it may be isolated if it's only happening through the Ignite TV platform. 

Have you attempted to reboot your Ignite TV modem to see if this helps? You can do so by selecting the 'A' button on your Voice remote and then select 'Restart'.  Please let us know the results!

If the issue persists, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ignite TV youtube app cannot display Chinese characters

Laura,

i do not know this issue with any other app via ignite tv, i do not see there is any chinese related apps or videos...

it only happens in the ignite tv platform ... i tried using the same youtube account in the web browser, smart tv, iphone without the chinese displaying issue...

i tried reboot the system many many times but no help to resolve this issue...

the chinese subtitle on the videos also showing the funny rectangular font...

i tried to change the preference of language in youtube, but it also display some funny characters, but i could guess which are the chinese options, i picked one of the three chinese options but there is no help to resolve this issue...

any solution from the public...

cheers and thanks