cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xione box replacement

Nickolas0000000
I've been around

Hello I am trying to replace my current xi6 box with the xione box and Rogers cannot do this for me I am very frustrated with this I don’t understand what the problem is
There is a corporate store near me that has stock and cannot to anything for me I’ve also called customer care they said go to store get them to call customer care and still nothing

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Xione box replacement

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi.  If your set-top box is defective, Rogers will send you a new one.  Is there any specific reason why you are trying to replace your Xi6 with the XiOne?

Unless you have an advanced home theatre where you need support for Dolby Vision and/or Dolby Atmos, or require support for Bluetooth 5.0, there is no reason to make the change.  Also, some users have run into interoperability issues with their XiOne and the problems went away after replacing it with an Xi6.  As one of the early testers of the XiOne, I honestly don't notice any significant difference between the two; when watching Ignite TV, the picture quality is identical and there is virtually no difference in the responsiveness of the UI.

As for the Rogers stores, as far as I know, they cannot process any equipment returns or exchanges.

Timmy2118
I've been around

Good day, i have an advanced home theatre with ATMOS.  I requested the XiONE box to replace my Xi'6-A but Rogers said they can only send out what their setbox tv distribution center sends out?  I tried the new Xi6-T they sent me and it will not stream ATMOS on DisneyPlus.  How can I get an XiONE box?  

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Timmy2118  Rogers treats the Xi6 and XiOne set-top boxes as equivalent and there is no way to order either model explicitly.

It's the same situation with the Ignite gateway.  I once tried to get an Arris XB7 to see if it was any less buggy than the Technicolor variant that I had at the time.  The only thing that Rogers can do is ship out a replacement Ignite gateway, and you get what you get.  Rogers also will not usually replace any Ignite hardware unless it is defective.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation