cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which apps are available through the Ignite Entertainment Box

gspeters
I've been around

Currently we're with a different provider and we don't use their set to box, I have all the apps loaded on a Fire Cube. I understand with Rogers it is better to use their Ignite Entertainment Box. Am I able to load the apps I use currently on that? I would want Netflix, Prime, Disney and Apple - are these all available? I'm not able to see a list of which apps are available. I also don't have a smart tv currently, so would hope that I won't have to be swapping between boxes, to switch what we're watching.

***ADDED LABELS***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Which apps are available through the Ignite Entertainment Box

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gspeters The Ignite Entertainment set-top boxes can only run the applications that Rogers provides.  You do not have any control over any of the apps on the Apps screen but Rogers does provide streaming apps for Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Disney+ and Apple TV+ services, amongst others, and music apps such as Spotify, Stingray and Amazon Music.  Rogers also provides apps for some free, ad-supported streaming services, such as Tubi and Xumo Play, as well as paid services such as Hayu and BritBox.

Most of the available apps are shown on the following page: https://www.rogers.com/support/tv-streaming/streaming

Note that some of the apps shown, e.g. Crave, are not true apps.  If you subscribe to Crave directly, you cannot (currently) use the Rogers-provided "app" to log into the Crave service; you can only access Crave content that is available On-Demand when you subscribe to Crave through Rogers.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you're happy with the Fire Cube, stick with it.  With the Fire Cube, you have direct control over your subscriptions.  With Rogers apps, you don't.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just want to add that there is no requirement to use the Ignite Entertainment STB for anything other than watching Ignite TV.  If you subscribe to Ignite Internet and want to continue to use your own streaming box, go right ahead.

Furthermore, if Rogers provides you Ignite Streaming for "free" along with Ignite Internet, make sure you do not lose the Ignite set-top box.  At some point, they will want it back and WILL charge you a non-return fee if you cannot return it immediately when required.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation