cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steaming Services

Laurajane09
I plan to stick around

I have rogers ignite its pretty pricey. Does anyone have steaming services like netflicks crave stacktv or a sports one? How does it work do you like the steaming services are you still able to tape things on your pvr

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Steaming Services

reed935
I plan to stick around

I have used Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ on the Rogers STB.  They all work fine, but you can only record from the live TV channels, not the streaming services.

Laurajane09
I plan to stick around
That’s important to know how much I like taping my shows and I also like sports

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Laurajane09 wrote:

I have rogers ignite its pretty pricey. Does anyone have steaming services like netflicks crave stacktv or a sports one? How does it work do you like the steaming services are you still able to tape things on your pvr

What is this PVR of which you speak?   😉

There is no PVR with IgniteTV, nor is there a PVR involved with any streaming services.  With IgniteTV, you can record "broadcast" programming to the cloud and then stream it (channels like CBC, CTV, etc).    With IgniteTV or any streaming service (that is not broadcast TV) there is no recording at all since you can always stream any programming that's available with that service (like Netflix, Disney+, etc).  Be aware that some services or some programming may not allow for fast forwarding, depending on the rights for that programme.  The programming is stored in the servers owned or leased by the streaming service or their sub-suppliers.

There is an exception with IgniteTV because you can record Crave programming, as well as stream it on-demand.

Note also that the picture quality of streaming services is not identical to something like IgniteTV. For example, one can stream TSN or SportNet, however, the picture quality has been described by most people as terrible.  Perfectly fine for watching on a phone or tablet, but terrible on a large TV.

Netflix allows you to pay more for higher quality streaming, so there are no generalizations when it comes to streaming and it's extremely important to do your research first.

Laurajane09
I plan to stick around
Thanks I will properly just keep ignite don’t want to miss the shows I like plus I enjoy watching sports I notice stacktv doesn’t have all the channel I need then I would need more channel and then spurts channels too
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation