cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix: resolution changes when going from Netflix or Primevideo back to television

jea123
I've been here awhile

RE:  Netflix and  Prime Video on Rogers Ignite 4K:

In recent weeks - despite NO changes to equipment or settings - whenever I switch from Netflix or Prime Video back to the televsision channels, this results in a degraded picture (somewhat blurry with yellowish overtones). This even happens at times when going automatically from one episode of a Netflix or PrimeVideo program to the following episode. To corect this, I have to switch from the current HDMI1 input to HDMI2 and back again.

I have tried rebooting the modem and resetting Netflix but with no effet

I am baffled, and any suggestions are most welcome

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Netflix: resolution changes when going from Netflix or Primevideo back to television

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There appears to be an "HDMI Handshake" Issue between your box and your TV. Turn off HDMI-CEC in your TV settings and in the box settings - Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Power Preferences - HDMI Device Control - Off instead of on.

Also try Rogers - Settings - Preferences - General - Prefer Best Available Resolution - Off instead of On

Also try Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Video Display - Video Output Resolution and make sure to choose one, rather that "auto" if available.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Netflix: resolution changes when going from Netflix or Primevideo back to television

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There appears to be an "HDMI Handshake" Issue between your box and your TV. Turn off HDMI-CEC in your TV settings and in the box settings - Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Power Preferences - HDMI Device Control - Off instead of on.

Also try Rogers - Settings - Preferences - General - Prefer Best Available Resolution - Off instead of On

Also try Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Video Display - Video Output Resolution and make sure to choose one, rather that "auto" if available.

jea123
I've been here awhile
Brilliant! That solved the problem. Thank you so much!
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation