cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA TV channel will cease broadcasting effective August 28, 2024

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sad news, space enthusiasts.  Just tuned in to NASA TV and saw a scrolling banner announcing that NASA TV will cease broadcasting effective August 28, 2024!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: NASA TV channel will cease broadcasting effective August 28, 2024

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here is the official announcement from the NASA TV web site:

NASA TV Phasing Out
Effective Aug. 28, 2024, NASA will no longer broadcast over satellite. Catch all live and original NASA programming on our new, free streaming platform, NASA+, and plus.nasa.gov. Read more about the transition from NASA TV to NASA+.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here is the official announcement from the NASA TV web site:

NASA TV Phasing Out
Effective Aug. 28, 2024, NASA will no longer broadcast over satellite. Catch all live and original NASA programming on our new, free streaming platform, NASA+, and plus.nasa.gov. Read more about the transition from NASA TV to NASA+.

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I've just swap/flex NASA TV to an other channel and make me think, as channels get shutdown or removed, we'll have less and less channels to swap/flex and to the point that over time the number of channels on the flex list will be lower or equal than the number of "slots" we have, meaning that all channels on the list will be selected. It could take years before that happen but still, I wonder what's Rogers plan to when that happen.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ReneHache wrote:

I've just swap/flex NASA TV to an other channel and make me think, as channels get shutdown or removed, we'll have less and less channels to swap/flex and to the point that over time the number of channels on the flex list will be lower or equal than the number of "slots" we have, meaning that all channels on the list will be selected. It could take years before that happen but still, I wonder what's Rogers plan to when that happen.

That kinda happened already.  Ignite TV Premier used to offer 87 Flex Channels... and enough channels were either removed or went off the air that there were few channels left to swap out anymore.  Rogers "fixed" this by silently dropping the number of flex channels down to 63 and they increased the price, WITHOUT CHANGING THE NAME OF THE PACKAGE.  It took a lot of people by surprise, especially those who signed up the day after the change took effect, or for existing customers who switched to an in-market bundle to maintain their discounts.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, that's that.  NASA TV (Channel 241 on Ignite TV) just ceased broadcasting and is now off the air.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation