cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV - Flex 20 + Sports

biarares
I've been here awhile

I have spent 5 hours on the phone yesterday until someone was able to help, all I wanted was to renew my bundle and try to keep price stable - I had to remove HP from bundle but I was willing to give it up so I don't pay more. However the rest - internet and TV package - should have stayed the same. Well it did not, the list of channels has changed - Ignite 20+ sports should have all Sportsnet in the lineup and we do not have them. Flex channels look the same but I am not sure. Very disappointed now I have to call again and see what happened. How hard is it to make a change without destabilizing the entire package?!!! The list on the website includes channels I cannot watch now and I could watch until yesterday.  

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ignite TV - Flex 20 + Sports

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@biarares  Double-check the confirmation email that you received from Rogers.  When they applied the bundle discounts, did they change your Ignite TV package from "Flex 20 + Sports" to "Flex 20 including Sports"?

Rogers no longer sells "Flex 20 + Sports"; the package got discontinued and its replacement has 8-fewer Flex Channels.

biarares
I've been here awhile

well that information was not communicated to me !!! I specifically asked if anything changed and was told NO, all the same! What a joke! More money for less channels! Unbelievable!!! Very disappointed!!! 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@biarares  I suspect that this was a innocent mistake, albeit a very unfortunate one for you.  The agent that you spoke with probably had no idea that the Ignite TV packages changed, especially if they are new employees.  They only know what they are taught in their training.  The number of Flex Channels in Premier also dropped from 87 to 63... but it is still called Premier.

I hope that you were able to get this sorted out with Rogers... or that you got a very good deal for your Ignite bundle.

Li33
I've been around

Do you realize that they removed all of the American network channels and PBS from the package? I am very frustrated with the “new” flex 20 including sports bundle. I’m looking to change it and will get my sports somewhere else.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Li33 wrote:

Do you realize that they removed all of the American network channels and PBS from the package? I am very frustrated with the “new” flex 20 including sports bundle. I’m looking to change it and will get my sports somewhere else.

Yup.  Rogers removed the American networks from the base Ignite TV packages back in July, 2021.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation