cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 20 channel question

OrleansLarry
I've been around

Thinking of switching to Ignite. With the same channels listed on lower and higher channels, when you modify a Flex channel does it change it in both locations ?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Flex 20 channel question

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OrleansLarry wrote:

Thinking of switching to Ignite. With the same channels listed on lower and higher channels, when you modify a Flex channel does it change it in both locations ?

With Ignite TV, when you add a channel, you get all of the channel numbers that are associated with it.  Same goes when you remove a channel from the lineup.

I not sure why you are asking this but I presume that you are coming from Digital TV... and you were thinking that you might need to have a primary and alternate channel numbers so that you can record programs back-to-back without them getting cut off?  Not a problem with Ignite TV.  You can record back to back programs on Channel 50, and they will BOTH start recording 30 seconds early and stop recording 2 minutes after the end.

Also, with some channels, e.g. Comedy, you also don't need to subscribe to the East and West feeds separately either.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OrleansLarry wrote:

With Ignite TV, when you add a channel, you get all of the channel numbers that are associated with it.  Same goes when you remove a channel from the lineup.

I not sure why you are asking this but I presume that you are coming from Digital TV... and you were thinking that you might need to have a primary and alternate channel numbers so that you can record programs back-to-back without them getting cut off?  Not a problem with Ignite TV.  You can record back to back programs on Channel 50, and they will BOTH start recording 30 seconds early and stop recording 2 minutes after the end.

Also, with some channels, e.g. Comedy, you also don't need to subscribe to the East and West feeds separately either.

Laurajane09
I plan to stick around
Help I just got ignite how do I change my flex channel please help me

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Laurajane09 : You login to MyRogers, either using the MyRogers app on a tablet or phone, or by logging in using a browser on your computer. Once logged in, select the "TV" section.  You should then be presented with an option to change the Flex Channels.  Once it loads your flex channels, you'll see the ones that you've currently got (highlighted in a black border) and you'll also see the Flex Channels that you have available to you.

You select one of the channels that you've currently got which "removes" that channel, then you select one of the channels you want.  You have to remove as many channels as you wish to add back.  They have to be in balance. 

The Rogers website (and app) can be a bit slow, so make sure you allow each webpage to load completely before going to the next step.

See also the following link from the Rogers website search.

https://www.rogers.com/support/tv/how-to-exchange-ignite-tv-flex-channels

@Laurajane09 wrote:
Help I just got ignite how do I change my flex channel please help me

I don't know if this is still the case but when I got Ignite TV a few years ago, it took a day or two for everything to get set up in the backend before I could make Flex Channel changes in MyRogers.

Laurajane09
I plan to stick around
That terrible my fav station I don’t get right now 😞
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation