cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I actually need a home phone with Rogers Ignite TV service

kimmal
I plan to stick around

I've been trying to get rid of my home phone for a couple years.  When I first told Rogers I wanted to cancel my home phone, I was told it would actually cost me more money because I would lose the bundle package discount I was getting.  Move forward a year or so, we get Rogers Ignite and when I inquired about it, was told the Ignite and Home Phone were a package deal, so again, can't drop the home phone.  Now I've just forwarded my home phone to my cell with my home phone essentially being a paperweight on my entertainment unit, but I'm wondering, can I just unplug the phone and chuck it?  I don't see why I can't but figured I'd as

Allan

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Do I actually need a home phone with Rogers Ignite TV service

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You certainly don't have to use the home phone, but it may be worthwhile leaving it as a backup in case your cell phone has an issue, etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You certainly don't have to use the home phone, but it may be worthwhile leaving it as a backup in case your cell phone has an issue, etc.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'd connect a phone just in case anybody should need to call 911 in an emergency, or for whenever you might need a second line.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I concur, I too would keep the home phone line regardless if you use it or not.  I know the feeling of wanting to cut the chord, I myself am a chord cutter, but if its part of the package, then keep it for emergencies only

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation