cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t Change Video Output Resolution - Ignite TV

kennethmkelley
I've been here awhile

Hey all. Much like the subject says, I can’t figure out how to change the video output on my Ignite box. Connected to a 4K TV but the setting is stuck on 16:9 720p HD. Can’t select 16:9, 2160p30 4K UHD or 16:9, 2160p60 4K UHD

Any idea why this may be? I’ve got a Samsung TU7000 TV. I’ve got the Ignite Xi-6T STB. 

thanks! 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can’t change video output resolution Ignite TV

kennethmkelley
I've been here awhile

Thanks for this! I rebooted the box and can now change resolutions. When I set the box to either of the highest resolutions, it constantly cuts out. I’ll try swapping out the HDMI cable and see if that helps. Thanks for the prompt reply. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Comments/questions follow:

1. Some TVs have inputs on the back that only accept certain video resolutions. Have you tried different HDMI Inputs on the TV?  Use the input that's 30Hz, not 60Hz.

2. What happens when you select "best available" under the settings?

3. Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Rogers IgniteTV box? Some cables are not 4K capable.

kennethmkelley
I've been here awhile

Thanks for this! I rebooted the box and can now change resolutions. When I set the box to either of the highest resolutions, it constantly cuts out. I’ll try swapping out the HDMI cable and see if that helps. Thanks for the prompt reply. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation