cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing live TV through the Ignite app on my smartphone when using a public wifi network

bennyboyo
I've been here awhile

why can't I access live TV through the Ignite app on my smartphone when using the public wifi network in my condo gym? I am forced to use my data plan.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Accessing live TV through the Ignite app on my smartphone when using a public wifi network

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
Don't have a lot of experience with the app because I don't use it much, but my understanding is this:

Live TV watching of the channels included in your package is limited to your home Wi-Fi network. On any other wi-fi, you're limited to recorded programs you've downloaded, or any of the live "TV Go" channels listed in the app's guide.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Accessing live TV through the Ignite app on my smartphone when using a public wifi network

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
Don't have a lot of experience with the app because I don't use it much, but my understanding is this:

Live TV watching of the channels included in your package is limited to your home Wi-Fi network. On any other wi-fi, you're limited to recorded programs you've downloaded, or any of the live "TV Go" channels listed in the app's guide.

Thanks for the quick response. Surprised Rogers does not clarify and explain basic useability things like this with regards to their apps/services.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation