cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed feedback form

idallen
I plan to stick around

iwin.pngI got the above after filling out one of those "how was your experience here" survey forms.

My experience was poor because developer "jjl" told me to come here to post my problem with the Android app Rogers Ignite WiFi Hub, and the site was down so I couldn't log in.  Having to fill out a survey form about my experience and then having the form rejected at the end due to the above error just made things worse.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: failed feedback form

RogersCorey

Thank you for your feedback @idallen!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

Would you mind sharing with us the browser and browser version you're using at this time? 

Regards,

RogersCorey

idallen
I plan to stick around

Firefox 105.5 (64-bit)

Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu canonical - 1.0

O/S is Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS Linux

P.S. Your reply to me contains a large broken image under your signature.

See below.  I have to select "Reload images" to see the image correctly,

possibly because the image URL is HTTP and I'm browsing as HTTPS.

iwin.png

Ah, you're using Ubuntu? We do not officially support Linux OSes and can't guarantee that our websites will display properly as a result.

Are you having this same issue on a Windows or Mac OS?

Regards,

RogersCorey

idallen
I plan to stick around

I don't have any WIndows or OSX computers.

Even if I did, how could I trigger the same "Authentication Failed" error from your web site?

If you're writing WWW pages specific to Windows and OSX, you've missed the whole point of the WWW.

Tim Berners-Lee would tell you:  "Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when you had very little chance of reading a document written on another computer, another word processor, or another network."  -- Tim Berners-Lee in Technology Review, July 1996

https://anybrowser.org/campaign/

idallen
I plan to stick around

I found your problem for you.  If I leave a window open in this forum, you secretly time out my forum login but don't tell me.  I can come back hours later and type a reply and it's not until I push "Reply" that you give me the above Authentication Failed Ticket Mismatch error and reject the reply.  What that error message should be saying is "Your login to the forum timed out and we didn't tell you."  Bad UX.  If you time out a login, you should tell the user.  Don't wait until they spend time composing a reply only to throw it all away when they push "Reply".

After getting the above error, I did a page refresh and was sent to a login screen:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/user/userloginpage?redirectreason=notregistered&referer=https:...

This login screen wants a username (not an email) and password. It won't let me use my email address that I use to log in to MyRogers.  I don't know my username.

I select "Forgot username or password". It tells me to enter my email. I enter my email address and select "Set a new password" and it tells me:  The password for this account cannot be reset on the community

I don't know what resetting a password "on the community" means. The top of the screen says "Correct the highlighted errors and try again." What error have I made? That's my real email address.

I gave up and went back to the communityforums.rogers.com login page that accepts my MyRogers email address and password just fine.

This UX is a mess to navigate.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation