cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to profile status

DrMike
I'm a trusted contributor

With apologies, I have no idea where to post this question, not do I actually know quite how to phrase it.  

In each of our profiles is attached a 'tag line' or status (e.g. mine is "I plan to stick around" or something like that. Others are "trusted advisor" "I've been here a while" and so on.

These monikers seem to be added automatically by the system and I am wondering what the criteria are, how these 'tags' are determined and when do they change. Just curious...

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Updates to profile status

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi DrMike,

The tag lines that you're referring to are the ranks that we have in the community.  

Take a look at this blog post for more information.  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/31

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

DrMike
I'm a trusted contributor

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hi DrMike,

The tag lines that you're referring to are the ranks that we have in the community.  

Take a look at this blog post for more information.  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/31

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

Thanks @RogersMargaret.

In fact I had already seen the blog post but it doesn't really answer the question I had. In fact it goes out of its way *not* to answer the question 😉  I am interested to know what are the criteria for each rank. It can't simply be number of posts so other factors must be taken into account. Not sure why the process of determining these ranks has to be kept such a big secret.... 

RogersMargaret

Hi @DrMike,

The more you participate in the community, the faster you move up in the ranking structure.  Participation includes things like posts, likes, accepted solutions, etc.  

We don't publish the ranking structure because we want participation to be organic/authentic (versus participation for the sake of ranking up).  FWIW, the majority of community forums don't publish their ranking structures.  

Hope that helps.

phalkon
I plan to stick around

Why does it say "i plan to stick around" ?
I really dont and its things like this that make me want to leave rogers right now.i wouldnt want to seem like im recommending rogers in any way shape or form.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phalkon

Its a tag which most forums have. It's not just Rogers. I am on a steam gaming forum and it has the same tags has here with the exception of a different wording in some.

phalkon
I plan to stick around
no it doesn't.'i plan to stick around' is just misleading and self-serving to rogers.somewhat like the new data selling point of watching tv on my phone.one has to look long and hard to find out its another 'data selling'scheme.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@phalkon:

If you post a few more times, you'll get taken to the next level and will no longer need to see "I plan to stick around" on your profile.  😉

PS. I don't know where the next "break point" is.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phalkon

As 57 said. You post more, it changes to a different tag. Unfortunately those tags are set by them and won't be able to be disabled.

I see your point but it's just a tag. Nothing to worry about :).
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation