cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Gamers

futurelgcy
I plan to stick around

I was just thinking about how perfect it will be for we the gamers to get an official gaming related area\forum or at least pinned topic at the top where we can post our issues,success etc so that we collab together with the techs to get things fix which will be a win win situation on both sides. All we wanna do is game and we spend a lot of money in order to do so (1 game = over $90_console entry cost roughly $350-$400 avg). That's why we spend premium for internet to play online but sadly get a lot of issues that affect us. And i also think gaming get overlook as stereotypical "video games" when it's much bigger than that with pro leagues and even major networks broadcast of gaming events and gamers being able to pursue a career in MLG. I think the reason why we all are here still is because we have high hopes and beliefs in this company with great people around like @RogersDave and the other great moderators who put in extra effort in this community. And  i really encourage the gamers to get envolve so that we can be heard because ping and jitter doesn't matter as much to watching online videos and browsing the internet as it is to casual or competitive online gaming.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rogers Gamers

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Thats cool and yea I agree. Even though I am much older and I am a father with a family and dont own a video game console or dont have enough free time in my day to play if I did have one I think it might be good if you had a standalone forum.

Im in a weird but very important and steadly increasing seperate demographic and think it would be cool for people like my self to get their own distinct forum too. I would not know what to call it maybe people could drop some suggestions but its for people who are more business type of user but still have a residential account not a business account. My demographic doesnt use face book or instagram or twitter or play video games or is not addicted to social media. We use self serve banking we check the stock market and news headlines often but we still keep in touch with our kids and family by telephone and email communication. We use taxi and uber aps on our smart phones. We like apps that are designed for productivity instead of entertainment. We have important career jobs and are hard workers. We are a steadlly increasing demographic and It would be cool for us to have a dedicated discussion forum too.

L1nx30
I'm here a lot

@futurelgcy wrote:

I was just thinking about how perfect it will be for we the gamers to get an official gaming related area\forum or at least pinned topic at the top where we can post our issues,success etc so that we collab together with the techs to get things fix which will be a win win situation on both sides. All we wanna do is game and we spend a lot of money in order to do so (1 game = over $90_console entry cost roughly $350-$400 avg). That's why we spend premium for internet to play online but sadly get a lot of issues that affect us. And i also think gaming get overlook as stereotypical "video games" when it's much bigger than that with pro leagues and even major networks broadcast of gaming events and gamers being able to pursue a career in MLG. I think the reason why we all are here still is because we have high hopes and beliefs in this company with great people around like @RogersDave and the other great moderators who put in extra effort in this community. And  i really encourage the gamers to get envolve so that we can be heard because ping and jitter doesn't matter as much to watching online videos and browsing the internet as it is to casual or competitive online gaming.

As a father who plays ps4 as much as his kid I also agree. 

@L1nx30 @futurelgcy @Pauly

Thank you for suggestion and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I realize there is quite a large group of gamers in our Community and I will definitely see if this is a possibility. Do note that although we do indeed get a large number of questions from Gamers, they are primarily related to our Ignite Internet packages and equipment.

That being said, our Lounge section is available for those who wish to discuss other topics or games for that matter. We can also help promote certain threads/topics by pinning them if the traffic becomes large.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions on how to improve the Community Forums, feel free to share 🙂

RogersRoland

@RogersRoland and others.  Fwiw Virgin Media in the UK has a Gamer Support Topic section in their Broadband forum:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CommunityHubForums

At the moment, my Puma 6 thread is at the top of the heap.  UK Virgin Media gamers aren't a happy group these days. 

futurelgcy
I plan to stick around

@Datalink That's something more like what am talking about because i realized that there's a lot of gamers in this forum having similar and different technical problems at the same time. And i know together our voices can be heard better in a dedicated section than general because gaming problems are far more different and frustrating than the average problem because it more about the quality of the connect and not much about the speed of it.

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around
I play on PS4 and PC!
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation