cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Curious about board message flow .

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

Just curious why five threads from five years ago jumped to the front of the que  rather than being deleted ? They haven't even had  an edit made recently that would bring the threads back . 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Just Curious about board message flow .

daniel10
I plan to stick around
This whole forums are run by non tech savvy people, I've complained before about how they groupe every question in a mega thread for example the s9 and s9+ reservations thread. You would think it would be closed after the device is released. But now anytime someone posts a s9 question the mods move it to the s9 reservation thread, which makes it a means thread, hard to find questions and answers, and defeats the whole purpose of having community forums to begin with. Mega threads don't work. I could run these forums better and more effectively. But typically Roger's makes everything hard . And trust me I've a Roger's fan, been with them for over ten years. I just know they suck at some things lol

Hey @barndoor,

Is it possible that you may have changed the options to "Sort Oldest to Newest" ?  That is normally the cause of your example as the Community is set to Newest to Oldest as default. You can also take a screenshot of the issue so we can better troubleshoot.

Let us know!

@daniel10, we thank you for your honest feedback. Our team of moderators will occasionally move and merge posts to help provide the Community a more user-friendly experience. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the Community, let us know in our Community Questions & Suggestions Board. Also, it seems you have an a strong background in working forums and communities. Rogers is always on the lookout for new talent and we are always delighted to see interest in our Community Forums team. If you are looking to join us, check out the Jobs at Rogers page 😉

RogersRoland

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I too saw a whole slew of old messages, posted in 2013 and edited by Rogers in 2015 pop up in My Rogers. I see this happen from time to time.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Hey @OLDYELLR,

I noticed the example you provided. Our team is in the process of moving some of the older threads to the archives and I believe some of these got misplaced in different boards. I've gone ahead and moved the ones from the MyRogers board over to the Archives.

Sorry everyone for the scare 😄

RogersRoland

barndoor

@RogersRoland wrote:

Hey @barndoor,

Is it possible that you may have changed the options to "Sort Oldest to Newest" ?  That is normally the cause of your example as the Community is set to Newest to Oldest as default. You can also take a screenshot of the issue so we can better troubleshoot.

Let us know!

RogersRoland

We are working through computers so I get the impression that all kinds of irrational glitches can take place .  Smiley Very Happy

Sorry, I didn't realize my post was going to be removed from the section that it directly referenced .  Go to the "my rogers" section and have a read for yourself ..... it's  still the first five until some one ads or refreshes a thread . If it is my settings ,please let me know but I don't understand why it would only apply to one section and it  does not change from oldest  to newest any way ....it just   plops 5 ,5 year old threads at the top of the page . 

Hey @barndoor,

I had gone ahead earlier and move the 5 threads in question. Does it look ok now? 

RogersRoland

barndoor

@RogersRoland .... Looks  spiffy .  Smiley Wink

I have been burned enough times by not paying attention to the dates on the posts  and then writing up a response  to those old threads only to realize  that they were  outdated  topics .   Hopefully  keeping them cleaned up will save someone else some grief . 

If you notice we miss anything, let us know!

Our goal is make the Community work for everyone 🙂

jays77

I noticed the glitch too.  Good to know it wasn't just my imagination. Smiley Very Happy

When I realized those posts were from about 2013 I was kind of hoping I might be able to get the 2013 prices for TV and Internet.   I guess not. Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The last few days I've seen several more threads that have been "moved to the top" because of some recent edits or other factors, yet the most recent posts are months or years old. Not quite sure why this happens. An edit should not bring a thread "to the top". Here's but one example:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Ignite-150U-Best-Modem/m-p/424941#M53071

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @57,

Our team routinely performs some housecleaning on other threads and such.  For that specific example, we decided to fix up the title so it will be more easier for users to search up.  Due to the edit, Lithium has automatically put it back to the top 🙂

RogersRoland

Thanks for the explanation. As a mod on Digital Home, whenever I perform an edit to a post or thread, including the title, it is not moved to the top. It only moves if there is a new reply, which, I believe, makes more sense.

Thanks again.

barndoor

I agree @57 . of the four boards I have been involved with none have done this . 

One has to wonder about the logic of such a move . Why knowingly cause confusion amongst those  who are registered participants  who may come back repeatedly   when the only benefit seems to be an easier search by those who quite possibly are not members and looking for a quick answer rather than participation  ?  

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 in conversation