cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current steps for clearing Rogers cookes from Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Not sure this is the best place, but couldn't find this topic, other than peripherally in other topics as a solution to browser issues.

Today, I was in contact with billing due to the browser not completing a payment.  It gave an error message and asked me to contact chat or phone. I was provided the following instructions.

These instructions came from a template support list I suspect, it popped up so fast.

Note it is 2 years out of date and you would be hopelessly lost if you tried to follow these steps, as the wrench no longer exists, under the hood and tabs are gone, and folders of site cookies no longer exist.  Below what I was provided is the correct method.

Incorrect method as of 2017, provided by chat billing support

To clear your Rogers.com cookies for Chrome, you will need to follow these steps: Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar (for Mac: click the menu bar at the top of your screen and click Chrome); select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux); click the Under the Hood tab; click Content Settings in the Privacy section; click the Cookies tab in the Content Settings; click Show Cookies and other site data, select the Rogers.com folder, and click remove.

Steps from Google support - how to clear enable and manage cookies in Chrome

You will have to open the section by clicking the section

Delete Specific Cookies

and

Delete cookies from a site - click down pointer on right side of that choice

Correct steps as of search today, august 16, 2019.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click the 3 vertical dots then choose Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
  5. Click Cookies 
  6. Go to See all cookies and site data.
  7. At the top right, search for the website's name.
  8. To the right of the site, click Remove

Hope that is helpful - maybe add it to the help section?  And obviously will be changed in future. 

Bruce

1 REPLY 1

Re: Current steps for clearing Rogers cookes from Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (...

RogersZia

Hello @BS,

Thank you for sharing your valuable findings with the Community! I'm sure our users will appreciate the help  ðŸ™‚.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation