cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"likes" column on summary pages

skinorth
I'm an advisor

Over the time I have been active on this Forum I have wondered about all the "0" entries in the "likes" column on the summary pages of each section.  In very few cases does anything show in this column but "0".

Now I know that Forum participants are very economical in their use the "like" button on the bottom of postings.  So in many cases a "0" may be the correct figure to show here.  But it seems to me that there are enough cases where a "like" has in fact been registered for postings in a thread that there should be more non-zero entries showing in the "likes" column.

What do others think about this?  Is there a problem here with the programming of the Forum website in terms of accounting for "likes", or is my imagination and the recently imbibed Christmas cheer affecting my brain cells?

Please take a minute to consider this, and post on whether this is purely ghosts of Christmas past, present and future addling my already contorted thinking.

Happy New Year to you all!

skinorth

5 REPLIES 5

Re: "likes" column on summary pages

RogersGina
Community Manager (Retired)

I haven't noticed any errors personally. If you find one that is wrong, please let me know and I can look into it. We are a liking desert for sure! Get out there and like, like, like 🙂

@RogerGina:

I just looked at the Internet Forum summary page.  The likes column lists a grand total of, I believe, 2 likes.

If I add up the number of likes that are listed in the "Most Liked Authors" box on the right of the page, their total likes add up to 30!

Where are all those likes to be found?

Perhaps I misunderstand and misinterpret the various "likes" stats.  Please set me straight.  Just remember, I love punishment.  I'm into that kind of stuff this week.

skinorth

RogersGina

Actually every user can set-up their leaderboard display preferences themselves (I think). It could be that yours is set to a time period that isn't incorporating those likes. Mine is set to 30 days.

To change it go to My Setting > Preferences tab > Likes 

Then choose your own time period. 

@RogersGina:

I checked my settings, as suggested by you.  Mine were set to 30 days, which must be the default, as I cannot remember changing them ever.

So, what I did, was I changed the setting to "All Time", and now the Most Liked Authors "likes" totals 347.  But, the "likes" column on the main panel still shows a total of only 3 likes.  But that is only on the first page.  There are another 34 pages I could check, but I don't feel that inspired to do so at this moment.

Perhaps my perception is wrong, and the tracking of likes is working just fine.  Perhaps I would find them all were I persistent enough to go through all 35 pagesSmiley Happy

But, I am sitting here fighting a cold and flu, and I really don't feel so inclined, so I will leave it be.

Thanks for your suggestion.

skinorth

RogersGina

There is a nasty bug going around. Take care!

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation