cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Essentials: Ask an Expert … about roaming!

RogersGina
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey guys,

I'm sure you've seen the badge for the event tomorrow! You may have noticed that we rebranded RevUp to support the Tech Essentials website launch. We are inviting a lot of customers to this event and we're expecting a pretty good turn out.

I hope you'll all join and participate 🙂

Let me know if you have any questions about it. 

Gina

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Tech Essentials: Ask an Expert … about roaming!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Im going to do my best, to try and be around for it (am at work, so who knows if i'll be busy).

I do have one question i would like to ask

RogersGina

Awesome! Hope you can make it...

Maybe i can kinda pre-ask / screen the question here?   As it is one that i  am sure that people out there want to know... BUT weither the person can answer it (is allowed to answer it) may be another story.

Question:
In the end, with roaming fees.. people only see the FINAL $ amount.. and what rogers is charging them.. and get angry at rogers.

Now, my understanding on how roaming works (and correct me if i am wrong). when you connect to company X and use whatever... it is THAT company/network, which is then charging ROGERS, and rogers then passes that onto the customer (with maybe some proffit there for themselves?)

So in the end, just curious.. when you get that say $2 charge for one call roaming.. WHERE is that value comming from, is it primarily what the OTHER carrier is charging rogers, etc.

RogersGina

I think that's a great question to ask. I don't have a way to presubmit questions but I bet that question will be asked. 

Just wanted to make sure it wasnt a TABOO thing..

and i understand that they may not be able to give out exact values..

but i think enlightening people.. on HOW the process goes, would be good.

Well, that went pretty well 🙂

I expected alot worse/anger truthfuly.. seems like most people went away ok ./ with their questions answered.

The new data rates look good too.

Send a thanks to donavan 🙂

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation