cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

physical sim to e-sim transfer??

AppleWatch789
I've been here awhile

anybody know how to initiate the magic danse to transfer a physical  sim to esim?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: physical sim to e-sim transfer??

RogersCorey

Greetings @AppleWatch789!

You can find the instructions here: Setting up an eSIM Card on your Device | Rogers

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

fs5qc
I'm here a lot

I juste tried and is not working.

It would be great if Rogers add the eSim fast transfer fonction because I really think eSim is the way to go.

Also they should make a way to generate an QR code via My Rogers because the point of eSim is to not go to an store for an SIM card.

RogersCorey

Greetings @AppleWatch789!

You can find the instructions here: Setting up an eSIM Card on your Device | Rogers

Regards,

RogersCorey

hdaubel
I plan to stick around

If you need to swap phones do you have to buy a card every time?

fs5qc
I'm here a lot

I think new QR is needed for any new iPhone swap 

I was hoping to avoid trip to the store but all is wel: esim number now up & running 🙂

We need to complain to Rogers about not sending these QR codes via email it’s literally the whole point of Esim to have fast digital setup for switching between providers. Instead I spent 1 hour on chat trying to get a QR code only to find out they want you to go into a store to get a piece of paper. It’s inconvenient and 15 years ago. I thought the agent was “new” and hadn’t done an esim activation. Every article instructing setting up esim says to scan the QR emailed to you. All the other carriers have caught on and it’s assumed you’ll have it emailed. 

RP16
I've been around

Going through the same issue. eSim on my old phone, trying to set it up on my new phone. Apple gives you a really easy way to transfer it over, but didn't seem to work for me. I spent over an hour of troubleshooting before calling Rogers support, only to be told "we don't support that." Not sure why, as other carriers seem to do that no problem. The agent said "the technology is just so new"...... Either way, was told I would have to head into a  store. Did that, they didn't have any. No time to go to another store, so am still running two phones.. It's almost 2023, why can we not do this all online? 

Yep sadly
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 7 in conversation