cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashlight on iPhone 12 Isn't Working

MagusCP
I've been here awhile

I recently changed to an iPhone 12 and the flashlight keeps turning itself on and there appears to be no way to turn it off without asking Siri to turnoff the flashlight. The icon that appears after swiping down does not turn the flashlight on or off. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Flashlight on iPhone 12 Isn't Working

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @MagusCP

Congrats on your first post with us and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Fellow iPhone user here 👌 Yikes! I'm sorry to hear what's occuring. Getting a new device should be a rather exciting time and it most definitely doesn't sound like that's been the case. 😥

Can you kindly do me a favor? Are you able to Go to Settings>Accessibility>Touch>Back Tap and make sure that you don't have "Flashlight" set as one of the things that can be turned on by tapping the back of the phone? 

If this suggestion does not work, I have a few other questions for you: 

Is this a new device you just upgraded to through us? Or did you purchase the device through a third party? 

When did you get the new device? 

Have you tried completing a factory reset yet?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo 

MagusCP
I've been here awhile

I upgraded through Rogers just a month or so ago, it was a refurbished phone, but I expected it would have been adequately tested before being sold again.  The back tap option was not on. I have not done a factory reset but will try it. 

Good morning @MagusCP!

Did the factory reset resolve this issue or is it still ongoing? Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

MagusCP
I've been here awhile

No the factory reset not only did not solve my original issue but has created a myriad of other annoying issues I am trying to fix.

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @MagusCP

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you been able to get the issue resolved since you last posted? What other issues have come up since the factory reset?

In all honesty, it may be a good idea to stop into an Apple Store at this point in time. I find them to be rather helpful. 

Regards, 

RogersJo 

MagusCP
I've been here awhile

I have lost connections to some services, and the settings have all returned to default and when I change them they seem to change back randomly. And the flashlight still does not work.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looks like you need to take a trip to the Apple store and have the technicians over there diagnose and fix your issue.  Wishing you the best!

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation