cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facetime Calls charged under INTL. LD

Max119
I've been here awhile

Got charged Long Distance for Facetime Calls to a friend in USA. If I was charged for Date Usage which is more applicable as per Apple instead of LD, I can understand but even that wouldn't hold accurate (as was on WiFi, I believe and have unlimited data with upwards of 100GB+ with faster speed and usually hover around as seen on ROGERS BILL around 46GB). I called Rogers and the representative outright said if the Apple ID has a number linked in addition to an email; then will get charged for Facetime as well as iMessage. She changed her stance post speaking to a Manager but said she will have to create a case to determine the calls originated as Facetime and I agreed to go ahead BUT had a few queries which I wanted answered before. 

So, when I asked how long to determine the type of calls and when determined if the calls were Facetime, the manager or she would apply the disputed LD charges; she put me on hold and then reconfirmed with a manager to back on her statement. She's back to ANY CALLS made via Facetime are also valid as Intl. LD if made outside Canada. Good I asked for clarification; otherwise would be given a run around later. 

Somebody please help because this is ridiculous I have been on call for over an hr and 55mins. I have not been able to speak with any manager; plus this representative is giving contradictory information one after the other. In the end, asked to add US Calling pack for preferred rate but I am not looking for calling US LD in first place. AGAIN REQUESTED TO speak with a Manager as been on hold for long. She offered escalation to OOP as guided by her Manager in the end. What a waste of time and still they have no accurate information. Hopefully the OOP does.

Anyone has accurate written clarification on ROGERS/APPLE wherein it states that INTL. FACETIME on WiFi/Data might lead to INTL. LD charges....

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Facetime Calls charged under INTL. LD

Babylegs1
I'm a reliable contributor

anytime I use any app to call outside of CANADA I make sure my data is OFF and stay on wifi 

Re: Facetime Calls charged under INTL. LD

cjay2
I've been around

same rubbish is happening to me right now. how did you conclude

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation